1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What apps should I move to SD? What should I keep in ROM?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Vance, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Vance

Vance Android Enthusiast

With 2.2 installed, I am wondering which types of apps I should be moving to the SD card. All that will move? Just data hogs? Is there any performance difference coming off the SD card as opposed to internal memory?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. nightelvesreasy

nightelvesreasy Well-Known Member

just my opinion, id move all apps to SD that are able to be moved, I have yet to test out the official release, im still rooted, but certain apps i have noticed (certain ones that have a widget) will only give you a widget if you have it on the phone like weatherbug and last.fm, it could just be a bug in being rooted that that happens, but either way, move all apps to SD that can be moved

3. StrifeJester

StrifeJester Android Enthusiast

I am not rooted and get the same thing, if an app has a widget it needs to be on the Phone not the SD Card. The first thing I did was move everything and then when I noticed which widgets were gone that I actually used I moved the app back. I have not seen any type of performance hits from having things on SD.

4. kida

kida Lurker

There is an sdmove app that shows you which apps can be moved and moves them.

5. Vance

Vance Android Enthusiast

kida, that is very useful! What I did was go through my apps one by one and moved those that could be moved. Unfortunately, it was not very many of them!!

Motorola Droid Forum

The Motorola Droid release date was November 2009. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 5MP camera, 256GB RAM, processor, and 1400mAh battery.

November 2009
Release Date
Reviews