• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What Apps to Move to SD Card?

Internal memory is getting a little tight on my phone finally, so I was wondering what types of apps should I be moving to the SD card? I ask this because I don't know if moving certain types of apps (or more specifically, certain apps) will cause harm to my phone and make it not work properly. And is there a preferred method to moving apps to the SD card?

Reactions: Whitechapel
Upvote 0
I just ran into my first problem with Robot Unicorn Attack (the adult swim game and hefty 20 MB download). I moved it to the SD Card using the SDMove app you recommended. I tried to load it up, it gave me an error saying I needed to download it from the market. I ran it again and it worked! Then I restarted my phone, and the app disappeared completely. This is what I was worried about. I don't want to just have apps start disappearing on me. Or is this just one specific instance because it's a game or something? I checked out the market while re-downloading the game, and it says the rest of my apps are installed. I'm very bored right now so I'll probably go through the list of all the apps I moved and boot them up just to make sure they still work.

I plugged in the phone to my computer and did a search for RUA (which turned up nothing), then Robot and I found a file. I deleted it, then proceeded to the market and successfully downloaded and installed it. It reinstalled, all the rest of my apps open and worked just fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones