• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What apps will you be getting?

epilot

Nov 5, 2010
So tomorrow should be the big day for those of us who preordered their phone.

This is goin to be my first android phone, and I was wondering what apps will some of you guys/gals will be installing? Post links if you can.

My list so far:
fancy/beautiful widgets
calorie counter
jefit
minimalistic text
google goggles.

First android experience so I dunno about any widget apps but...

Shazam
Photoshop express (unless theres a better free simple editing app)
Google-
-Goggles
-Voice
-SkyMap
Chase
Tweetdeck
Foursquare
Flixster
Netflix
Weather channel
U-Verse app (comes pre-loaded I believe?)
Tango
Euchre/blackjack (any good card game apps with multiple games?)
Angry Birds of course

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. I was going to download an iTunes remote, but figure Ill just keep an iPhone by the entertainment center instead of spending money on an inferior app.

Upvote 0
My current stuff, just off the top of my head:

K9 Mail
Twitter
Facebook
Launcher Pro (pay version)
Titanium Backup (pay)
ES File Manager, ES BT, ES network
Power AMP (pay)
Handcent (SMS)
Tapatalk
Pandora
App Brain / Web Installer
Goggles
Date-in-Tray
Batt Stat
Note Everything
StudioKUMA no media
IP Manager
Home Switcher
RingDroid
Term Emulator
Disk Usage
Yahoo Fantasy Football (at least, next season)
XDA
3G Watchdog
Amazon
Zedge
PayPal
BusyBox

plus several packs of fonts, wallpapers, ringtones, etc.

Upvote 0
Unless I missed something there isn't currently a Netflix app??

First android experience so I dunno about any widget apps but...

Shazam
Photoshop express (unless theres a better free simple editing app)
Google-
-Goggles
-Voice
-SkyMap
Chase
Tweetdeck
Foursquare
Flixster
Netflix
Weather channel
U-Verse app (comes pre-loaded I believe?)
Tango
Euchre/blackjack (any good card game apps with multiple games?)
Angry Birds of course

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head. I was going to download an iTunes remote, but figure Ill just keep an iPhone by the entertainment center instead of spending money on an inferior app.

Upvote 0
I'm just gonna reinstall everything I currently have on my Backflip, and then I'll likely install some other games as they'll actually run good on the Atrix.

What I currently have:

Apps to Reinstall:
AK Notepad
Astro
AT&T myWireless
Droid Light
Barcode Scanner
Beatiful Widgets
Better Keyboard
Chemistry Formula
Chemistry Helper
Dictionary.Com
Dolphin Browser(Or other browser)
Doodle Jump
Dropbox
Easy Scorecard
eBay
Extended Controls
Facebook
Gameboid Lite
Gmote
Goggles
Google Translate
Handcent
Movies
Pandora
Paypal
Pokedroid
Quick Vibrate
Reader
Relax and sleep
Robo Defense
Scorecenter
SoundHound
Stopwatch & Timer
Tasker
The Weather Channel
Titanium Backup
Wapedia
Wheres My Droid

Upvote 0
You are correct...forgot it wasnt available from android. There are a couple of queue manangers though, so one of them :)

There is the playon app, which I plan on getting. It has netflix, hulu, plus a bunch of other networks. The current version uses the browser and let's you watch their vids online through the browser, but they are working on one that is a standalone app, and doesn't use the browser.

Upvote 0
There is the playon app, which I plan on getting. It has netflix, hulu, plus a bunch of other networks. The current version uses the browser and let's you watch their vids online through the browser, but they are working on one that is a standalone app, and doesn't use the browser.

Playon looks nice, but pricey as well. I have a Slingbox Solo, would be cheaper to buy their app and then have access to all content on my U-Verse and I could just wait for the Netflix app to come. Realizing that may never actually happen though.

I saw a thread (perhaps in the android lounge forum) asking about the cons of fragmentation...well, no netflix is one of them. I've only played a movie from it on my iPhone to show people that I can though...pretty much just use it to update my queue...so not a huge deal.

Upvote 0
Playon looks nice, but pricey as well. I have a Slingbox Solo, would be cheaper to buy their app and then have access to all content on my U-Verse and I could just wait for the Netflix app to come. Realizing that may never actually happen though.

I saw a thread (perhaps in the android lounge forum) asking about the cons of fragmentation...well, no netflix is one of them. I've only played a movie from it on my iPhone to show people that I can though...pretty much just use it to update my queue...so not a huge deal.

It's not expensive at all, it's only about $40/year, not month. Its actually cheaper than netflix, and netflix is part of the package. Or a one time fee of $80.

http://www.playon.tv/purchase/?loc=m1

Upvote 0
Playon looks nice, but pricey as well. I have a Slingbox Solo, would be cheaper to buy their app and then have access to all content on my U-Verse and I could just wait for the Netflix app to come. Realizing that may never actually happen though...

FWIW, the DishNetwork Remote Access app (free) allows you to not only access Dish connected Sling adapter ("view" content, not just "manage"), but also existing stand alone Sling boxes. I'm not sure if you need to have Dish in order to get access to the sling box, but it "could have" saved me $30 for the Android Sling app. :rolleyes:

Conversely, the $30 app from Sling, is not able to connect to the Dish adapter.

Upvote 0
This will be my first droid but I already have a list compiled of what I think I want so far, I know there are more!

Voice
Navigation
SkyMap
Foursquare
Weather channel
Angry birds
Ebay
Photoshop express
Mint.com
Ingdirect app
Launcher pro
Titanium backup
Paypal
Pandora
Gmote
Last.fm
Drop box
tasker
Words with friends

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones