• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What apps will you put on your Inspire?

Good points, I never thought about the resolution, that could be really annoying.

And, I did a quick search and this is what I found regarding the creation of an app for Android:

"The hurdle has been the lack of a generic and complete platform security and content protection mechanism available for Android."

The rest of the story is here: http://blog.netflix.com/2010/11/netflix-on-android.html

Upvote 0
I am curious what people are using for a Task Killer? I used to use Advanced Task Killer but I heard that it now messes your phone up more than anything so just out of curiosity what are some of you using?

Its my understanding that in newer builds of Android, you should leave all of that memory management to the OS. No need for any task killer apps? Is that the consensus? I'm curious...

Upvote 0
I would like a netflix app =/

I set up www.playon.tv this weekend. It's not as good as an actual netflix app should be, but it isn't bad at all. If you have a UPNP router the setup is fairly straightforward. If not, there is some router configuration that needs to happen (port forwarding), but it runs well for me and also plays hulu, espn, CBS, and several other networks. I'm going to play with it for the two week trial and decide if I want to pay for it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones