1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

What are latest updates for HTC Wildfire

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Android Question, Aug 7, 2013.

1. Android Question

None
    Hi
    I am just wondering what is the latest software update for the HTC Wildfire? Also, can you tell me how to do it step by step as I am not confident in doing this.

Advertisement

2. Scootmien

Scootmien Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 14, 2012
    Male
    South UK
    Hi and welcome to Android Forums :)

I assume you are running a stock ROM and haven't rooted and flashed a custom ROM onto the phone. If you have, the best thing you can do is to register on here and go to the dedicated forums for rooting your phone as it's not a straightforward answer to your question.

However, if you are running a stock phone, you'll be glad to know that finding out if you're eligible for an update is an easy process.

Go to your phone settings and scroll down to the 'About' setting. It's usually found at the very bottom of the list of options in your settings screen.

Tap on 'About' and one of the options available to you should be 'Software Updates.' Tap that and the phone will either automatically do a search for a new update or it will give you a button marked 'Check now' with a tick mark. If the phone doesn't automatically search for a new update, tap the 'Check Now' button and wait for the phone to respond.

If an update is available, it's always a good idea to make sure the phone is either connected to a power source or is as near to 100% full battery life as you can get it. This is because an update can drain a lot of battery and you definitely do not want the phone to shut down half way through updating!

If no update is available, the phone will tell you that you are running the latest version or that no update is available. Remember to check back every now and again.

I hope this helps. :)