• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are some apps for the moto droid that are WORTH paying for?

So you're saying we shouldn't help out the application developers? How would you feel if you create an app, then the next day someone else makes a copy and gives it out for free? It was only a buck. So I think it's worth it.

Obviously, it wasn't worth a dollar (the theme of this thread). The application was neither original, nor sophisticated. Just because someone on this forum was the first to publish such an application, doesn't make it worth buying.

I'm not sure how you inferred that I said we shouldn't endorse application developers, especially since I previously suggested two applications that I felt were worth the cost. I feel that I already paid for DroidLight since it's made by Motorola and I paid for a Motorola phone, so I don't see why I would pay someone else for an identical application.

Upvote 0
Bought and kept:

LEDFlashlight
, which was worth it to support the developer Chet, a forum member who solved the LED flashlight issue very fast thanks to community requests. Also donated to MotoTorch for the same reason.

dxTop, which is the only home replacement I've had that wasn't completely buggy and crashy. This was definitely worth it.

Will be trying, and can only assume I will be keeping.

I love Abduction so I will be trying the pay version, as the free version is just amazing. I can't imagine not keeping it.

Now that I have more home screen room with dxTop I'll also be buying Beautiful Widgets, which I've interacted with on other people's Droids and found to be worth it.

Obviously, it wasn't worth a dollar (the theme of this thread). The application was neither original, nor sophisticated. Just because someone on this forum was the first to publish such an application, doesn't make it worth buying.
it may not be worth it to you, but it is to some of us. depends on your definition of worth. i think it's worth it to support developers like Chet and eclipsed. at some point, a developer like him will come up with something that Motorola hasn't written and you haven't found for free, so I support his efforts to continue developing. i have no regrets having paid for it or donating to mototorch.

not to say that you're wrong, it obviously isn't worth it to you...but it is to me. :)

also, droidlight has no widget as of right now. that makes the other two even more worth it to me.

Upvote 0
dxTop - Already mentioned.

TasKiller - Keeps your phone running smoothly. The paid version lets you choose more than 2 apps that won't be killed when program is run.

I can't believe I'm suggesting you pay for widgets, but this guys stuff is the best you'll find. He knows what he's doing. Check all his stuff.

Francois DESLANDES, Android Applications and Games

Pure Calendar Widget - Simply the best calander widget available. Really configurable and skinable and it looks great. This is the list version. There is also a grid style calendar version that looks super nice. Better than the default app.

Pure Weather Widget - Best weather widget available with many background and icon skins. Very configurable. Can display calendar events along with weather, which in effect makes it a calendar widget as well. This guy knows what he's doing.

If you like puzzle type games SpacePhysics & Nintaii are both real fun, though Nintaii is new and quite expensive. Maybe he'll bring the price down.

Upvote 0
I bought Beautiful Widgets because I love the look of it.
Also bought dxTop and so far am liking it but I haven't tried GDE which I might try.

Considering ATK but man it's expensive at 5 dollars...

I've been considering the Pure series, especially the messenger one, anyone give it a try and see how it is?

Upvote 0
Donation to Home++. Has a lot of potential and so far very stable. Beautiful Widgets. That's it so far.

Home++ is the first time I sought out a dev's homepage outside of the market just to make a donation. While free, it really is worth paying for.

Beautiful Widget, because I think it has the nicest weather interface built in.

Pure Calendar and Pure Grid Calendar (I think that these both elevate the functionality of the phone and look awesome.) My homescreen astrid/google-cal synced to-do list kicks ass.

LED flashlight because it was the first time I saw the android community in action.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones