1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

How To What are some cool widgets?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vevoric, Aug 4, 2010.

1. vevoric

vevoric Member

Aug 3, 2010
    After 3 days of rooting/unrooting, hair pulling, and 425789 reboots. im at the rooted version of Android 2.2 Froyo.

so i'd thought i would ask what are some cool widgets? and where can i get them.

your my bestfriend if you help ^^

am i posting in the wrong section?

i have MOTO Droid by the way.

Advertisement

2. SinfulDragon

SinfulDragon Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2010
    Network Admin
    Indiana
    kind of difficult one to answer my man, what I think is cool you may find lame, there are weather/news widgets, pandora, flash lights, coupons, youtube, facebook, the list goes on and on, but they are all there without root so I hope that wasn't your only reason behind it LOL

3. nader2013

nader2013 Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Power Control- Easily Turn on and off Wifi, Bluetooth, GPS, Sync, And adjust Display Brightness
    Facebook- Displays Status Updates
    Youtube- Quick search bar and displays most viewed videos
    Twitter- Twitter Updates
    Google search- Googles search :p
    Music- Plays music although I like the "3" App better because it displays album artwork
    Google news- News updates and catagorized
    Battery life- Displays battery percentage left, option to display temp and other stuff
    Weather & Toggle Widget- My favorite clock/ weather widget, copies HTC sense, looks great
    Beautiful Widgets- My second favorite clock/weather widget
    Engadget- Engadget updates
    Set cpu- Easily see what your processor speed is currently running at + temperature info
    look for some RSS widgets- Instant updates from your favorite sites, I can't think of anny right now
    FML- Fml updates
    Launcher Pro Plus- has some cool bookmark and contact widgets with more coming, need to be using launcher pro home screen replacement
    "3" Music Widget- Displays music with album artwork and can scroll to other albums
    scoreboard- Current scores for favorite teams
    settings Profiles Full- Allows you to setup profiles that tweak nearly all of your phones settings, and then setup rules and triggers to apply the rules.
    Pure Grid Calendar Widget- great looking calendar widget
    Android Agenda Widget- an agenda widget that pulls from your corporate calendar and allows for significant tweaking to the display
    .... that's all that I could pump out I would like some cooler ones though :(...

4. dodger55fan

dodger55fan Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2010
    Los Angeles
    ^^Nice post above. To add one more:

CalendarPad is a really terrific app with awesome widgets, it syncs with your google calendar (if you use that, if not the app/widgets might not be as useful) ...anyways it has a day, week, and month option for the widget in various sizes. Oh, and best of all it's free.