• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are some of your own funny autocorrects?

pantlesspenguin

Android Enthusiast
Jul 15, 2010
Overland Park, KS
Last year my sis in law and I were planning a road trip to St. Louis. She texted "I'm sooooo excited!" I tried texting back "I'm sooooo excited, too!" but "sooooo" got autocorrected to "spookier." It's still a running joke between us, and whenever we say we're excited for something we say "I'm spookier excited."

This wasn't autocorrect, but rather a typo on my part. It's still funny :). A friend was concerned that I was selling a netbook over craigslist. I told her it was a woman who was meeting with and we were meeting in a public place and I was sure it would be fine. After the deal was over and the money was in my pocket I meant to text my friend "Craigslist deal legit! I'm alive and $200 richer!" Instead, I typed "Craigslist deal legit! I'm Alice and $200 richer!" My friend still calls me Alice sometimes, lol.

What are your funny autocorrects?

Glad you brought this up, pantlesspenguin (say, can I call you "pantless" for short? :D). I don't use autocorrect, but my kid does (18 year old girl in freshman year at university).

When she had her Blackberry Tour, I'd get stuff like, "We're at Britain, do you want to meet us for lunch?" :D We're at break, was the intended word.

One I got repeatedly that I can't see how an autocorrect would do, was, "You know me, prancing on to the end," for "You know me, pressing on to the end." :D

Upvote 0
:) ok.. PiPi it is (after PiPi Longstockings, heck of a gal). :D

Hehehe I had a crush on Tami Erin when I was little. She played Pippi in the Ne Adventures of Pippi Longstocking in the 80s. Also, this totally just happened:

SIL: Your bro and I are fighting.

Me: Why??

SIL: Bedroom stuff. I know, TMI.

Me: Ew. Unless you're making me a niece or nephew.

SIL: He still doesnt want kids yet!

Me: Gryffindor.

I had typed "grr"

Upvote 0
There's actually a site dedicated to auto-correct horror stories. I'll see if I can find it. I think it's www.damnyouautocorrect.com

I read somewhere about one auto-correct mishap where a scout master sent out a mass email to all parents that had a schedule of all events....

"Scouts 7:00 Sharp at the Church. We will finish up Aviation, Cycling, and Gynecology Merit Badges."
That was followed by this message three minutes later: "Change of Plans. We will not be finishing up the Gynecology Merit Badge. Instead, it will be the Genealogy Merit Badge."

Upvote 0
There's actually a site dedicated to auto-correct horror stories. I'll see if I can find it. I think it's www.damnyouautocorrect.com

I read somewhere about one auto-correct mishap where a scout master sent out a mass email to all parents that had a schedule of all events....

Looove this site. I forget that not everyone has heard of it lol. It's a Saturday ritual for me to lay in bed before I have to get up for the gym and read the last week's autocorrects :).

Upvote 0

I have found another new procrastination aid! Thanks!!!

Upvote 0

Looove this site. I forget that not everyone has heard of it lol. It's a Saturday ritual for me to lay in bed before I have to get up for the gym and read the last week's autocorrects :).

Upvote 0
I have found another new procrastination aid! Thanks!!!

lol, don't get me started! I know a website that has over hundreds of Nintendo 8 bit games available to play via Java console, another website where the guy does nothing but answers Craigslist emails but in a "candid camera" style if you catch my drift, and then I know of another site that has some casual looking pictures that if you look closely it will cause you to "shitbrix"...which is conveniently the name of the website (viewer discretion is advised btw).

Reactions: BabyBlues
Upvote 0
This one's just....wow

dumping-you.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones