• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are some tips/suggestions to lessen system lag

Kray1

Oct 23, 2009
I've kept my apps to a minimum, I havnt deleted the original apps that came with the phone. I always keep my txt messeges and both galleries clean.

Are there any other tips to lessen the lag? Sometimes my phone would take seconds for something as simple as opening another txt window, or going back to the home screen. etc.

Download the free Android app "TasKiller" from the Market.

This will let you know what is running in the background of your phone (maybe you opened and not using anymore) and you can delete the apps that you are not using, thus freeing up memory.

Hope that helps...I left all the default apps that the Cliq came with, "widgets" and my phone doesn't lag.

Upvote 0
Download the free Android app "TasKiller" from the Market.

This will let you know what is running in the background of your phone (maybe you opened and not using anymore) and you can delete the apps that you are not using, thus freeing up memory.

Hope that helps...I left all the default apps that the Cliq came with, "widgets" and my phone doesn't lag.

In my experience killing the app "moto blur service" seems to be wrapped up in the tcpip stgack or some part of the network, when I excluded this app sometimes I would still lose my net connection and nothing would bring it back other than a reboot...

That said I have had like 50 apps loaded and still didn't see much lag at all, I think the blur stuff conflicts with some apps...

Bhang

Wootwoot the cliq needs r00t!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones