• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what are the benefits of each recovery method?

Rarewolf

Android Expert
Jan 11, 2012
CaliFornia, Azusa
what i mean by this is, what are the pros and cons of each recovery method.

for example
CWM
Pros:
Simple to use, not many problems with the controls.

Cons: Doesnt work for all flashing, its very limited.

i really want to know just where we are in terms of recovery methods and what would be best for me.
since i am currently on CWM but i feel like it is lacking in all aspects. from what i am used to with other CWM versions.

I would go over TWRP vs CWM. I would say feature wise they'll flash and do just about the same thing, I haven't seen a lot of differences in them feature wise. I think the biggest advantage for a lot of people is TWRP has a easier to use layout.

The only thing you have to watch if you is that the backups are not interchangeable. Your current CWM backup will not restore with TWRP and vice versa.

I'm at work so I apologize for not giving you a little bit more information, but I hope this quick version help to make a decision. I will say I was a CWM fan for a long time and I had been running it on this phone ever since I got it, I decided to tryTWRP a few weeks and never switched back.

Upvote 0
thanks guys this helps a lot.
i have actually been having problems backing up with CWM, once it reaches the data folder it just stops.
You may be running out of room in your backup location. CWM just stops and throws a vague error that there was a problem with no explanation. About the only thing CWM is useful for is flashing the zv4 ROM since it won't flash with TWRP for some reason.

Upvote 0
You may be running out of room in your backup location. CWM just stops and throws a vague error that there was a problem with no explanation. About the only thing CWM is useful for is flashing the zv4 ROM since it won't flash with TWRP for some reason.
Will i have to do anything special to switch over to twrp recovery if i have CWM installed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones