• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What are the benefits of rooting my x10?

D

Deleted User

Hi all, I'm Niverlak (Niv for short) and I'm new here! I've ended up on these forums a few times since I got my x10 and decided to make an account :D

Anyways, I've had my phone for about... 2 months now, and it's been quite a step up from my old phone! (It was some samsung flip phone...). I've been thinking about rooting it, but been afraid to do it because it'll lose its warranty :rolleyes:. I've heard it opens up a bunch of possibilities and makes it faster etc, but should I do it? Is it worth it? Help me please :)

Hi all, I'm Niverlak (Niv for short) and I'm new here! I've ended up on these forums a few times since I got my x10 and decided to make an account :D

Anyways, I've had my phone for about... 2 months now, and it's been quite a step up from my old phone! (It was some samsung flip phone...). I've been thinking about rooting it, but been afraid to do it because it'll lose its warranty :rolleyes:. I've heard it opens up a bunch of possibilities and makes it faster etc, but should I do it? Is it worth it? Help me please :)

Rooting honestly doesn't do much. For me, the only app that I use constantly that requires root access is.....A different unlock screen.

But rooting does let you do some things like removing useless apps which are stuck on the phone.

I am able to remove timescape and face recognition software and other useless cell phone carrier software.

Very easy to do it....install the flashtool....plug phone in...and click a button.

Upvote 0
Rooting is awesome if you're into modifying/customizing your phone.

I have the need to take screenshots and found that AndroSS is the best program with which to do that....w/o root access you can't run that program. Want to remove the bloatware on your phone? Need root access. Want to install a custom theme or mod or app that requires different permissions or need to be renamed and/or moved to a particular directory on your sdcard? Need root access. Want to flash files to your phone without needing to be at your computer? You need xRecovery for that, which needs root access. Want to try different roms on your phone? Yep, needs root access.

But if none of that pertains to you, rooting won't do you any good.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones