• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are the best apps to get started on Droid

A lot of people like Home++ because it lets you customize your home screen. I have mabilo ringtones and zedge on my phone for custom ringtones and wallpapers. Here is a list of apps I have:
Google Voice
Movies
Bubble
Stocks
Weather Channel
Bank of America
Zedge
Mabilo
Pandora
Magic 8 Ball
Funny Jokes
Home++

Upvote 0
Google Goggles (Snap a pic, and google does image search based on pic)
Snaptell (Scan Book/DVD/CD covers or barcodes from any item and it will search for the best price for you.)
Shazam (Hold up to any music source, it will tell you who sings it, album information, etc)
Any of the Battery Widgets that show in % (not a necessity, but I like it)
Torchlight (Allows you to use the camera flash as a flashlight...VERY handy)

I left off the ones previously mentioned...

Upvote 0
1. Pandora
2. Slacker (a little buggy, but I like the music selection better)
3. Google Voice (even if just for voice mail, far better than visual voice mail)
4. WeatherBug
5. SportsTap (if you are a sports fan)
6. OurGroceries (if you shop for a family, shares 1 shopping list between phones)
7. OIShoppingList if not OurGroceries
8. Google Goggles (not great yet, just cool to play around with)
9. DockRunner (if you don't want to spend $30 on the media dock)
10. CalWidget (puts agenda on homescreen in multiple widget sizes to choose from)

If you use MySpace or BankofAmerica their apps are good.

That is a good start, there are plenty of great games to kill time, but those are just a matter of preference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones