• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what are the best launchers for the bolt?

I have tried out launcher pro plus, but with sense running it was terribly slow. The only other real choice are ADW launcher, and Go launcher ex. I would just try them out and see which works best with you.
Also a note, running a different launcher while running sense is kind of a pain in the butt. It works but the fact that sense still is running through all of the apps it can slow down like my experience with Launcher Pro Plus.
On stock android Launcher Pro gives an entirely different experience.

Upvote 0
i'm running lpp on das bamf remix 1.7 with imo's leankernel 2.6.0 and i don't notice any slowdown.

fwiw, i tried adw and go, but neither seemed to hit the spot. lpp just seemed to be the easier to pick up and run with.

i'm sure if i got a de-sensed rom lpp would run even faster, though. holding out for cm7 to get out of alpha/beta stage. :p

Upvote 0
I only ever tried Go Launcher, and I really liked it. But then I heard that if you use a different launcher, the fast boot option doesn't work, and that's kind of a dealbreaker for me. I take it there's no way to get fast boot to work on a different launcher (without rooting, or anything like that), huh?

Upvote 0
I only ever tried Go Launcher, and I really liked it. But then I heard that if you use a different launcher, the fast boot option doesn't work, and that's kind of a dealbreaker for me. I take it there's no way to get fast boot to work on a different launcher (without rooting, or anything like that), huh?

What is the fast boot exactly? Just fast boots into the phone so you dont have to wait that annoying amount of time after the thunder and lighting stop?

OP:

Been using LPP since day 1 and used it on my eris as well.

Upvote 0
What is the fast boot exactly? Just fast boots into the phone so you dont have to wait that annoying amount of time after the thunder and lighting stop?

I think so, yeah. I read about the feature before I got my phone, and it was one of the first things I enabled when I was doing my initial setup, so I've never actually seen my phone boot without it. Every now and then, though, my phone does hang at the end of the thunder animation for a little while, which I find kind of annoying, but it's only a minor nuisance. Still, I'd prefer having fast boot than not.

Upvote 0
GoLauncher ftw. Ive tried LPP, ADW and one other I forget the name of. GOLauncher has been my favorite because its worked the best on my phone. He actually updates his app whenever he gets a report of an issue. Ive not seen any FC's that didnt get cleared up within twelve hours. These guys are ontop of their product. They offer everything to work with it from contacts to sms handler. Theyve also got some pretty good themes to boot.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones