1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root What are the best ROM + kernel and SD partitioning for...?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ktchong, May 8, 2012.

1. ktchong

ktchong Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 8, 2010
    1. GPS and web browsing on MetroPCS 4G Network when I am on-the-go and battery life is important?

2. Gaming and web browsing on 4G or wifi when the phone is connected to a power source?

Should I use the same ROM + kernel for both? Or should I switch between two different ROM + kernel for two different situations?

Also, how should I partition my SD for them?

I have never used a custom ROM or kernel before.

I am using the stock ROM. I have been irritated by the sometimes sluggish performance and speed of the phone. Sometimes the home screens are unresponsive and flip slowly. Apps and (especially) folders are slow to launch/open when I tap on their icons on the home screens. Rooting the phone and removing the bloatware have really improved the phone's speed and performance, but I want to try out a custom ROM and kernel to see if I can further improve the phone.

Thanks.

Advertisement

2. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Android Expert

Dec 8, 2011
    Engineer
    A-T-L-A-N-T-A
    :pcguru:

Okay look. If you want to know whats best for your phone, I suggest putting in the work like everyone else has and flash roms and kernels until you find out whats best for your phone.

Why? Because every phone is different. How different can they be you ask? You would be surprised. It's very common for something to work for one and not work for another. Everybody here that is in love with their ROM, has put in the WORK to find out whats best for their phone.

Plus im the type of person that you can tell me it's raining outside, BUT Im gonna go look for myself. You can't take advice on something that is opinion based.

Put in the work. Learn, flash, enjoy. :slug:

3. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Android Expert

Dec 8, 2011
    Engineer
    A-T-L-A-N-T-A
    And you dont need to partition anything. Start messing with that and you will accidently wipe internal and then you will really be screwed.

4. haxmethod

haxmethod Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 28, 2011
    I'm still somewhat new to the rom/kernel business but its simple what's you get the hang of it if you follow the steps right. just try roms until you find that right one then do the same with kernels. unless you like the kernel on the rom

Tags: