1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips What are the best screen protectors for the Droid Razr Maxx?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Luckster, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Luckster

Luckster Newbie
    None

Dec 24, 2010
    Sales Associate
    Title.
    Suggestions and Links to product welcome.
    Thanks!

EDIT:
    List of Screen Protectors i have found so far.

SGP Motorola DROID RAZR / DROID RAZR MAXX Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series [Ultra Crystal] $13.99
    http://www.amazon.com/SGP-Motorola-Protector-Steinheil-Crystal/dp/B0065510XU

SGP Motorola DROID RAZR / DROID RAZR MAXX Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series [Ultra Fine] $15.99
    http://www.amazon.com/SGP-Motorola-Screen-Protector-Steinheil/dp/B006550Z0O/ref=pd_sxp_f_r

BoxWave Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX ClearTouch Crystal Screen Protector (Single Pack) - Crystal Clear Clarity, Invisible Screen Guard Cover $2.50
    http://www.amazon.com/BoxWave-Motorola-ClearTouch-Crystal-Protector/dp/B000NWC5JY

Zagg - Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Screen Protector $14.99
    http://www.zagg.com/invisibleshield...es-screen-protectors-covers-skins-shields.php

Advertisement

2. Luckster

Luckster Newbie
    None

Dec 24, 2010
    Sales Associate
    So far ive found these three cases. Does anyone recommend one of these?

SGP Motorola DROID RAZR / DROID RAZR MAXX Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series [Ultra Crystal] $13.99
    Amazon.com: SGP Motorola DROID RAZR / DROID RAZR MAXX Screen Protector Steinheil Ultra Series [Ultra Crystal]: Cell Phones & Accessories

BoxWave Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX ClearTouch Crystal Screen Protector (Single Pack) - Crystal Clear Clarity, Invisible Screen Guard Cover $2.50
    Amazon.com: BoxWave Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX ClearTouch Crystal Screen Protector (Single Pack) - Crystal Clear Clarity, Invisible Screen Guard Cover: Electronics

Zagg - Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Screen Protector $14.99
    Motorola Droid Razr Maxx Screen Protector | invisibleSHIELD by ZAGG

3. franlofter

franlofter Newbie
    None

Nov 8, 2008
    SGP is the best! I have tried them all worst one i have used is the Zagg way to thick and not nearly as clear as the Steinheil .

Luckster likes this.
  4. Luckster

Luckster Newbie
    None

Dec 24, 2010
    Sales Associate
    Finally someone replies! :)
    I was also thinking that the SGP case was the best.
    Any Other opinions or cases people think are better? Feel free to post!

5. dm88

dm88 Member
    None

Feb 16, 2012
    I was looking at these SGP ones directly at the spigen.com site and see they have an ultra crystal film and and ultra fine film. Anyone have any recommendations of one over the other?

6. PeninaD

PeninaD Member
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    "Spy"
    Poconos, PA
    I used the Ultra Crystal on my Dinc for about 15 months. Eventually it did get scratchy, but amazingly was still clear and touch remained smooth. I should have looked for where I put the second sheet and replaced it, but I really was not all that bothered by the scratches (I am a clarity of vision nut), so I guess it really was minor.

Never tried the Ultra Fine, sorry.

I do have the Ultra Crystal on order for the Razr Maxx, and I expect it to be just as excellent as it was on my Dinc.

7. Luckster

Luckster Newbie
    None

Dec 24, 2010
    Sales Associate
    I just added the Ultra Fine to the list of Screen protectors. Still trying to decide which one to get before my Maxx comes in. Which should be 1-2 days....

8. Liebertron

Liebertron Member
    None

Jun 17, 2010
    Do you even need a screen protector with gorilla glass?

9. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands
    None

Mar 4, 2010
    operator
    upstate NY
    I got the boxwave, just because I'm nervous with everyone saying sand will scratch gorilla glass. I have never been a big fan of anything but a naked screen, but this protector is actually decent. It is tough to clean, but other than that the feel is not too sticky like many are. The weird screen protector glare was not a feature added to this one either. Either the technology has gotten better for the materials they are using these days compared to when I last had one, or this is a pretty good one.

10. petch

petch Newbie
    None

Jun 2, 2010
    No love for phantom skinz? I have had them on every phone and have had no issues. I scratched the screen on my maxx they are slight but they are there. I could not scratch my X screen even when I tried. Gorilla glass changes?

11. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Android Enthusiast
    None

Feb 24, 2010
    retail... bleh
    Sacramento, CA
    I got the ultra crystal screen protector and I like it. You get two for $14. As for a case I use the high gloss silicone case sold by VZW. Perfect combo. Most people who check out my phone don't notice the case until I mention it to them. It just blends really well.

12. PeninaD

PeninaD Member
    None

Nov 20, 2011
    "Spy"
    Poconos, PA
    Put the Steinheil Ultra Crystal on yesterday. The protector does not go all the way edge to edge as I had on the SUG for my DInc, and it does show fingerprints, but they wipe off easily with a microfiber cloth. I find I experience no lag in screen response.

13. MotoDriod

MotoDriod Member
    None

Nov 12, 2009
    Georgia
    I just have the screen protectors I bought when I was in Verizon to buy my phone. lol. It's a 3 pack...and they are finger print magnets. :(

14. daisy40

daisy40 Member
    None

Jul 6, 2010
    Full Time Graduate Student & Full Time Youth Worke
    Minnesota
    I just ordered the boxwave, mainly because it is much cheaper than the rest. I'm hoping that once it is here (and my phone) I can give a report on if it is a good deal or just a waste of a few dollars.

15. Snaz

Snaz Member
    None

Nov 15, 2009

Me, as well. I had the Verizon ones for my OG Droid and never really had any complaints. It showed fingerprints, but not so much as to bother me every time I picked up the phone.

On the Razr Maxx it is painful. I feel compelled to clean it everytime i pick it up. i can't tell if the protector is made differently or if the screen is that much better on my Maxx so any smudging is more obvious.

16. clavarnway

clavarnway Newbie
    None

Mar 5, 2012
    Does anybody know if the Razr Invisible Shield (front screen only) fits the Razr MAXX? I thought it should because I think the front screen itself is the exact same size on both models, right?

17. 330D

330D From My Cold Dead Hands
    None

Mar 4, 2010
    operator
    upstate NY
    The protector for the regular razr will fit the maxx. They are identical except for the battery size and the back is larger on the maxx to house the larger battery.

18. clavarnway

clavarnway Newbie
    None

Mar 5, 2012
    Perfect thank you. I was confused because I saw front screen protectors from Invisible Shield for the Razr MAXX *and* the Razr, which didn't make sense to me. :rolleyes:

19. miltk

miltk Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 26, 2009
    i don't use screen protectors and the glass on my maxx is cherry,,,same the the droid OG.

i have a neoprene case from a sony mylo. i just slip the maxx into that. it's always protected. i look at it this way......if i intend to put the maxx in a bag or something, the neoprene case protects it absolutely. if i want to put it in my pants pocket and i don't want the bulk, i just make sure there are no keys or coins in my pocket as well so there's no way it gets scratched. if the case is an issue then get a case. okay so the case can get beat up from normal wear and laying bare on the table. but IMO the screen should never be an issue because it'll never get worn,,,just don't lay stuff on it.

my wife gets food and cr@p all over her phone because she's careless...that's her fault. but even with that, her screen buffs clean and clear. it's when you lay hard stuff on the phone that sh** happens.

20. OriginalGeek

OriginalGeek Newbie
    None

Nov 9, 2009
    IT
    are both running without screen protection. Their gorilla glass looks better than mine with the screen protector on it. Once mine gets so ugly that it's time to change, I think I'll just take it off, clean it up and run naked in the wind.

Oh, and not put any screen protector on my phone either.

21. huff825

huff825 Newbie
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Zagg, expensive but worth every penny. They will also replace if it goes bad.