1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What are the best settings for GrooveIP?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vernave, Aug 19, 2012.

1. vernave

vernave Member

I have played around for a bit with the settings, but there is a noise on the other end. Has anyone got setting so this will work perfectly yet?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Android Enthusiast

Let me google that for you

:p

A lot of good results there. :D

3. vernave

vernave Member

I meant this specific device. It was just a question for what people had found to work best SPECIFICALLY for the EVO V/3D.

4. jvillejoe

jvillejoe Android Enthusiast

5. kevindroid

kevindroid Android Expert

you can also try talkatone. it has better codecs to handle sound

jvillejoe likes this.
  6. jehowe

jehowe Newbie

I use GrooveIP pretty extensively on the Evo V and it is working well enough for me with a few caveats:

1) I have it set to wifi only. If Sprint doesn't have a heavy QoS hand in your area, it may work well for you. Where I live (north burbs of Chicago), Sprint gets overloaded and will routinely kick me down to 1xRTT from 3G, completely wrecking GrooveIP or anything using data.

2) Because I'm using GrooveIP with wifi, within the android wifi->advanced settings, I've set 'Keep wifi on during sleep' to 'always'. This is the only way to keep the GrooveIP-Google Voice connection alive. If you are using GrooveIP with 3G, it 'may' be able to keep the connection going with wifi set to sleep.

3) I had some receiving end echo complaints which was solved by enabling the 'Basic Echo Canceler' with the 'Echo Tail' set to the default 'auto-detect'.

4) Personal preference, but I have 'Accept Calls on Answer' checked so I don't have to press '1' to accept the call.

That's all the tweaking I've needed. Call quality is typical cell grade, so don't expect any audio improvements. That said it works well for me, and enables me to save enough monthly minutes to keep me in the $35 plan.