1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

what are the chances of some people frying up some Droid this summer

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by mixpix, May 25, 2010.

1. mixpix

mixpix Well-Known Member

With summer almost apon us, I was thinking we could start to hear stories about people frying their phones. I know my Milestone gets a fairly warm using GPS in the car dock, ill have to keep an eye on the temps.

Are there any temperature sensors in the processor/phone? I haven't heard of any.

Advertisement

2. mrmojoz

mrmojoz Well-Known Member

Feb 24, 2010
    I know the setCPU widget shows internal temps, so yeah I'd say there were internal sensors.

mixpix likes this.
  3. rwZephyr

rwZephyr Well-Known Member

Apr 25, 2010
    Communications Consultant
    Vancouver Island, Canada
    Yeah, at least for the CPU, I left my phone in my buddies glovebox which turns out is where the heater blows, and when I turned it on, it said it was to hot to power on

4. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    Operations Manager
    Rochester, NY
    all electronics need to be kept at a good temperature. whether it has internal temperature gauges or not, just use some common sense. Say, for instance, not putting a $500 smartphone in a glove box in the summer.

5. mixpix

mixpix Well-Known Member

Or in the glove box on a cold/cool day either it seems. haha

At least the phone does a check before turning on, I would like assume that it will turn off when it gets to hot as well. Anyone know?

@mrmojoz Hmm well I'm not rooted, but if I was... I would be using setCPU. Is there any good free apps that will show temps?