1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support What are the risk involved in Rooting and installing CM 11

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by kksilvery, May 7, 2016.

1. kksilvery

kksilvery Lurker
    None

I have a smartphone which is old. Htc wild fire s i want to install cm 11 on it b4 that i have root and do something about bootloader but im not good at it , can any 1 suggest me a better visual format of explanation or something better.

Plus can any 1 tell me what are the risk involved in rooting and installing CM 11 android 4.4 because i cannot afford to lose this phone.

Thank you,
    kksilvery.

Advertisement

2. Fox Mulder

VIP Member

Feb 19, 2012
    NYC
    You may want to check out the general root discussion forum as well as the one for your particular device, if we have one. There may or may not be root available for it, and while no root is 100% safe there are some to be avoided because they don't work or may send your data to China (yes not kidding).
    Also since you say you don't want to risk losing the phone it may be best at this point to leave it as-is.

3. kksilvery

kksilvery Lurker
    None

Your making me nervous. But i want experience 4.4 on my htc wildfire s

4. SavageRobot

SavageRobot Android Expert
    None

Jan 23, 2012
    Male
    Wales
    Check out here http://androidforums.com/forums/root-htc-wildfire-s.726/ there is a rooting guide there for your device and any questions or problems you may run into will probably get best answered in that sub forum if not already answered.

Fox is right, some rooting processes (one click root apps particularly) can be dangerous and insecure, but the guide in the above link is a safe way to do it, I think all the mods here advise to avoid one-click methods if possible and root through ADB or Odin and the like.
    Good luck and happy rooting. Remember if there is anything you aren't sure of, ask before you go ahead, you shouldn't run into troubles but if you do and flash something incorrectly you can brick the device.

5. kksilvery

kksilvery Lurker
    None

Thank you for advice. I appreciate your advice. i will go through the process , incase if i have any doubts i will clear before proceeding.