• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are you currently reading?

Dunno if they've been mentioned here but I've recently completed reading the Shadow Dance Trilogy by David Dalglish and books 1 and 2 of the Dragonprince Trilogy by Aaron Pogue. They were all very entertaining and IMO very well written.

Damnit Ballistic! Now I will have to look those up!

You need to check out Farseer and Tawny Man trilogies btw. EXCELLENT writer/stories!

I re-read Mistborn trilogy so that I could read Alloy of Law, the standalone novel set 300 years after the conclusion of Mistborn series. I'm about half way through it and it is, of course, very well written. Love the new society, characters, and the change up of the 'magic'....

Reactions: ballisticn8
Upvote 0
Their newborn gift

This is good it you like romance
Its about a lady who slept with a guy five/six years before them start of them story and has a little girl, but she is I'll and only way to save her was to have another baby by the same man which she finds out he can't have children no more. And then he remembered they frozen sperm and she uses that but it get hard because they want different things but later get along and fall for each other but they hide it from each other....

that is all I have got so far

Upvote 0
Dalglish just recently released Blood of the Underworld, a book that takes place in the same universe as the Shadowdance Trilogy, including the same characters, but is a new trilogy titled The Watchers Blade. It was entertaining and I would recommend him as an author to anyone that liked NightAngel, Mistborn, etc...

Also just finished the third book of the Dragonprince trilogy by Aaron Pogue, the third wasnt IMO as good as the other two but it was still a good read.

In August Mark Lawrence will be releasing King of Thorns, a follow up to his amazing first book, Prince of Thorns. If you like rooting for the bad guy, Prince of Thorns is a blast of a read, dont take my opinion for it:

"Dark and relentless, the Prince of Thorns will pull you under and drown you in story. A two in the morning page turner."
Robin Hobb

"This is a lean, cold knife-thrust of a novel."
Robert V.S Redick

"Excellent and dark. A Great new talent."
Conn Iggulden

"Prince of Thorns is the best book I’ve read all year."
Peter V Brett

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
Finished Old Mans War by John Scalzi, great read, already moved on to Ghost Brigades. Needed to step away from fantasy a little, SciFi is a nice refresher lol.

Loved those books. Just announced - Next up from Scalzi in the Old Man's War universe, The Human Division, will initially be released in "episodes", as a series of short stories. The first "episode" he estimates coming out in December. Sounds interesting.

More info here: ↓
Announcing The Human Division

Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
I'm reading Robin Hobb's Soldier Son Trilogy...and I have to say that this book is a big disappointment coming from the Tawny Man and the Liveship Trilogies. NA, I would recommend you to pass on this part of Hobb's work.

I just reread the Farseers trilogy (originally read it about a decade ago), and am reading the Tawny Man series now (for the first time). I plan on reading most of her other work as well soon.

Upvote 0
I'm reading Robin Hobb's Soldier Son Trilogy...and I have to say that this book is a big disappointment coming from the Tawny Man and the Liveship Trilogies. NA, I would recommend you to pass on this part of Hobb's work.

You on the first one of it?

Oh and I been meaning to tell you rose, I am re reading sword of truth and I totally see what you meant about first book. I wasn't trying to hear it before, lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones