1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What are you currently reading?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by beenz, Oct 8, 2010.

1. chrislemay

chrislemay Lurker

Jumper-Volume 2

I had to know what happens after the movie ends...

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

I didn't realize there were books for that. I thought Jumper was a really good movie, better than it got credit for.

Who is the author

3. jbenham

jbenham Android Enthusiast

Currently reading Black List, by Brad Thor.

4. eyebeam

eyebeam Extreme Android User

The author is Steven Gould (not to be confused with Stephen Jay Gould). The books read a bit like young adult SF, but are none the less a very entertaining read IMO (and I'm no young adult! :p;))

In order, they are:

Jumper

Reflex

(or Jumpers, the first two books together at a bargain price)

Jumper-Griffins-Story

Impulse (upcoming)

NightAngel79 likes this.
  5. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

I thought he was done on the Richard/Kahlan series. You just made my day

6. NightAngel79

Administrator

Really? You haven't heard of The Omen Machine? I haven't read it yet but I assume it is the start of a new series.

Plus Magna Serus is set 3,000 years before Richard/Kahlan, that book is gonna be awesome!

7. LilacBleeds

LilacBleeds Android Enthusiast

Finished eclipse

Now onto sense and sensibility

8. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Still plugging away on the third dragon tattoo book (still can't remember the order... hornet or fire.... ???)

9. sfbloodbrother

sfbloodbrother Extreme Android User

Right now I was reading Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter. I rented that eBook from a partner of Amazon, so it is on my tablet which I will be selling soon. So, I should start something new. I just bought a Nexus 7, and it's great I get $25 to spend in the play store. I'll get a book with that. A horror book, because that is what I like to read.

10. jbenham

Fallen Angel by Daniel Silva.

11. ballisticn8

ballisticn8 Android Expert

Eye of the World by Robert Jordan.

12. BabyBlues

BabyBlues Trouble Just Finds Me!

Nope. I've been under a rock. It's kinda nice there. Quiet. :D

13. davoid

davoid Android Expert

Sounds like an elaborate Startrek parody. Is that just the premise that it plays with, or does it also parody the characters? It does sound good.

14. wyndslash

wyndslash Android Expert

just finished Kindred Hearts by Rowan Speedwell :p

15. jbenham

In between reads at the moment.

16. NightHawk877

NightHawk877 Android Enthusiast

I am reading the ultimate Hitchhiker's Guide To The Galaxy. I have no idea why I haven't read it yet until now.

17. Rachel A

Rachel A Android Expert

Remember listening to the show when it was first broadcast on Radio 4 in the late 70's. I was instantly and totally hooked.

Douglas Adams was a terrific writer and wit. He is still very sorely missed.

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by."

18. jbenham

Between reads. Probably will go with the new Sean Chercover book.

19. NightAngel79

Administrator

Oh My God I live that!

My ALL time favorite part is till when Arthur decides to go crazy

20. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Just finished The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest (I think, the last of those three ;))

Really like it. At first it was hard for me to pick up (kinda like the first one) but then I couldn't put it down. I was bummed, by some crazy chance of fate, the kindle battery needed charging right when I was getting super absorbed into it. :eek: The low battery warning couldn't have waited three days. >_>

-0-0-0-

So I'm looking to start something new. I was thinking something horror, but a friend recommended that I read Sirens of Titan - so maybe I'll go with that. ??

:D Wooo! Reading! I wish I would have enjoyed reading more as a kid. Oh well.

--

No sense in bumping this and double posting ... so I started reading Sirens of Titan. It's a bit slow starting, but so far it's pretty good. It's not too long, I'm almost half done, and it's getting quite interesting. There's little moments of time travel related ideas, and it's all about space travel and well, it's interesting. ;)

NightAngel79 likes this.
  21. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Android Expert

Finished Sirens of Titan the other day. Started reading The Island by Richard Laymon... about half done with it.

I'm thinking of maybe trying Rainbow Six after that. Never read a Clancy novel before, so I'm hoping it's good. :D

22. la sal

la sal Android Expert

Downloaded Star Wars: The Wrath of Darth Maul by Ryder Windham onto my Nook Tablet last night.

23. NightAngel79

Administrator

Havent heard of that one... where does it fit in timeline? Novel length?

24. la sal

la sal Android Expert

Rise of the Empire Period and right after Legacy of the Jedi. Seems to be rather short as there are only 138 pages.

NightAngel79 likes this.
  25. ajdroidx

ajdroidx Android Expert

Free Will by Sam Harris