• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are you currently reading?

Someone on this thread mentioned Ready Player One by Ernest Cline a long time ago. I finally got around to reading it when the kindle version was on sale. It was fun in a non realistic kind of way. I'm the right age for the 80's references so that helps. When I read it I didn't know it was being made into a movie by Steven Spielberg. Should be interesting toi see how they film that.
I guess Miss Perigrine is also being made into a film by Tim Burton.
www.amazon.com/Ready-Player-One-A-Novel/dp/0307887448

Reactions: Dngrsone
Upvote 0
What did you think? I really liked it, but it seems like more people prefer Neverwhere.

Neverwhere was short and sweet in comparison. I have exactly zero time these days, so its not all the books fault, but I'm having a hard time getting into the book. My kindle says I'm 25-30% done with book, and its good, but it hasn't really drawn me in to where I can't wait to pick it up and keep reading.

Upvote 0
Recently read Miss Peregrine myself, and Dngrswife is reading it right now. About a third of the way into the second book...

To date, I've read 93 books this year.
I just finished the second Miss Perigrine book. I liked it, it was more action packed than the first one. I might wait till the price goes down for book three, though. I hate to pay almost the same price for a Kindle book as the print version, but I can't see buying the physical copy of book three when the first two are on my Kindle.

Upvote 0
Just picked up the new Welcome to Nightvale novel... its very good and is something of a treat to read.

I ordered it from a local bookshop, so on the day of release had a very odd call from them, saying the book was there, but obviously it wasn't available with the " now notorious pink flamingos"... apparently people had been asking for the pink flamingos but the store had no idea what they were or why they couldn't deliver them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
hello all its been a while but I am reading My dark Days a memoir by the singer in a band called Lamb of God
Welcome back! I saw him giving an interview about that on YouTube, pretty crazy what he went through. I know I wouldn't have went back for the trial. I think there's also a documentary about it, but I've only seen clips of it.

Upvote 0
I've read a few books lately. Around Halloween I read The Bird Eater by Ania Ahlborn. As usual I got it on a daily deal. I don't like to spend much on ebooks.

www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EZCY0MS?keywords=The Bird Eater&qid=1447302231&ref_=sr_1_1_ha&s=digital-text&sr=1-1

This was a pretty typical haunted house/possession/descent into madness horror story. The author was originally from Poland, it's sometimes interesting to see people write in English when it's not their first language. The writing was decent, but the story wasn't very original if you've read many horror novels or watched many horror movies. I'd like to read this author again if she had a more original idea. I'll try to post about some other books when I get time.

Upvote 0
Ended up one ebook on my Kindle paperwhite about a human trafficking ring,
started a new one about FBI agents trying to hunt down a serial killer....

my daughter have over 10,000 books stored in the cloud on Kindle.
She saves every Free Book they offer her, regardless of what it is....
so, her mom, myself and she will have a lot to read for a long time.

I bounce back to Zane Grey, to Louis L Amour, to Robert Louis Stevenson, to just about all of the modern authors.

Hunt for Red October is just about my favorite, I never get tired of that one.

Upvote 0
Welcome back! I saw him giving an interview about that on YouTube, pretty crazy what he went through. I know I wouldn't have went back for the trial. I think there's also a documentary about it, but I've only seen clips of it.
funny thing is I know him personally in college his brother was my roommate and we hung out before he went back for the trial, but reading the book has a lot more detail then we ever talked about face to face

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
My goal for this year is 125. This is what I've read so far this month:

1. Bitter Medicine by Sara Paretsky. 1/3
2. Red: A History of the Redhead by Jacky Collins Harvey. 1/6
3. The Palace Job by Patrick Weekes. 1/8
4. Prescription: Murder! volume 1: Authentic Cases from the Files of Alan Hynd by Alan and Noel Hynd. 1/8
5. Patton's Shaceship by John Barnes. 1/10
6. Prescription: Murder! Volume 2: Authentic Cases from the Files of Alan Hynd. 1/10
7. Washington's Dirigible by John Barnes. 1/13
8. Origins of the Specious: Myths and Misconceptions of the English Language by Patricia T. O'Conner. 1/16
9. The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris. 1/16
10. The Oddfits by Tiffany Tsao. 1/18
11. Daughter of Earth and Water: A Biography of Mary Wallstonecraft Shelley by Noel Gerson. 1/22
12. The Prophecy Con by Patrick Weekes. 1/24
13. Prescription: Murder! volume 3: Authentic Cases from the Files of Alan Hynd by Alan and Noel Hynd. 1/26
14. Armageddon Girl by C.J. Carella, 1/28

Reactions: psionandy and Gmash
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones