1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What are you currently reading?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by beenz, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Android Expert

Yeah. It was kinda meh, in my opinion.

2. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Book #12 of The Honor Harrignton Series by David Drake
    "Mission of Honor"

psionandy likes this.
  3. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Android Expert

I think I got that far in the Harrington series once. After the primary mission was over, things kind of got boring for me...

Right now I am reading a biography of Tom Petty

4. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

I'm thinking of starting The Last Kingdom books (netflix series) and/or the Parker novels (Parker and Payback are movies based off these books)

5. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

#12 introduces the new bad guys. There's a newish one out after #13 but the reviews are weak.

6. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

A Call To Duty - David Weber/Timothy Zhan

Starting the "Manticore Ascendant" series

7. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Android Expert

Currently reading Mustaine, the memoir by former Metallica guitarist and driving force of Megadeth, Dave Mustaine.

This is the 16th book I've read this year so far.

psionandy likes this.
  8. Member243850

Member243850 Guest

I am reading this intellectual stimuli, it's a very enlightening experience.

It can be quite intricate and highly detailed at times but it still is a very satisfying experience over all.

:D

Attached Files:

dontpanicbobby likes this.
  9. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

Duplicate topics merged. :)

rootabaga and Member243850 like this.
  10. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

I'm currently reading what I'm typing....

11. psionandy

psionandy Extreme Android User

Nose mythology by Neil Gaiman.

Not reading out loud as my throat is a bit thor

Dngrsone and Dannydet like this.
  12. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Android Expert

Currently reading the Frontlines series by Marko Kloos and listening to The Ringworld Engineers by Larry Niven during my long commutes.

13. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

I not only look like an elephant, but I have a memory like one too. :p No worries. :)

14. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Android Expert

Well, I've read something like twenty books since the last time I reported in here...

Recently finished Ready Player One, which i guess has been turned into a movie, and currently reading about Paper: Paging Through History

Also picking my way through some Jack Reacher (I have the first six books in an omnibus), and a couple "Jack" Daniels books by J. A. Konrath.

15. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

Starting the "Ring of Fire" series by Eric Flint over again. I've read all the "Grantville Gazettee" books that are currently available as a adjunct to the series so I want to see how it reads with that info in my memory. If Baen Publishing ever combined all this content into an omnibus series I'm pretty sure it would be bigger than the Encyclopedia Britannica. :cool:

16. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Altered Carbon by Richard Morgan.

Sci-Fi/Cyberpunk genre, and vastly more readable than William Gibson.
    Think they also turned it into a Netflix TV show.

NightAngel79 and psionandy like this.
  17. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Android Expert

Recently finished The Three Musketeers, which was not pleasant. I am now reading Fuzzy Navel, a thriller which involves a cop, her very retired cop mother, a complete psychopath, and a trio of rogue snipers.

dontpanicbobby and psionandy like this.
  18. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

Just finished 'Joyland' by Stephen King. I enjoyed it. Before that I read 'Finders Keepers', also by SK, it's the second in the Bill Hodges trilogy. I'm waiting for the third to be available to borrow from the library (on my Kindle), I'm third in line lol

psionandy and Dngrsone like this.
  19. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Android Expert

Honestly, my TBR is so large, I will likely never get through all of them, and yet I continue to add titles. Kinda sad, if I think about it...

psionandy likes this.
  20. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Extreme Android User
    VIP Member

I've downloaded a bunch of the free monthly offers Amazon sends, I've read about 1/4 of what I have. I try not borrow or buy anything unless I have time/desire to actually read it and I go on binges (on one now) so yeah...so much for THAT plan!!

psionandy likes this.
  21. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Android Expert

LOL.

I've had to teach myself that it is okay to give up on a title if I'm not really into it.

The reason I finished The Three Musketeers is because it was a book club read. Otherwise I would have tossed it out a third of the way through and had an extra week and a half of reading something more pleasant.

The book club thing is nice, though-- gives me a chance to expand my horizons a bit and read things I normally would not have or keep putting off in favor of more accessible stuff.

Clementine_3 and psionandy like this.
  22. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter
    Administrator

I absolutely loved the Netflix show. Hands down amazing. I would be interested to know how someone who read it first liked the show. Acting and production were stellar.

Deleted User likes this.
  23. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

Alexandre Dumas?

24. Dngrsone

Dngrsone Android Expert

Yes

25. dontpanicbobby

VIP Member

That's like 300 years old. Reminds me of Japamese cinema. Never a happy ending.
    Extreme nastiness.