• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are you doing with your ipod touch?

Really? any ideas which? I'd love to just buy a new armband and not have to use the ipod.. Btw, I'm in the O-H as well!

Well just doing a search for Nike+ in the market brings up a couple...

There's really no need for it with android though. All of our phones have a gps, so the running/biking apps know how far we've run. I'm pretty sure you have to set your stride with Nike+, so that's really not that accurate anyway.

Upvote 0
Yeah, but the main thing I like about Nike+ is the coaching programs and such.. I'm doing a 5k in September and I also used it to train for my triathalon I did in may.. It keeps me motivated. I joined the 154 mile challange the other day.. Which reminds me, I need to upload yesterdays run..

Upvote 0
The nosey part of me is interested to know what app this is you speak of that is so important, but that Android doesn't have. I'm just curious because I may want to check it out.

Kratos

Program and app are both called ProPresenter. Renewed Vision - ProPresenter 4, ProVideoPlayer (PVP), ProVideoSync (PVS) - Mac Worship Software, Video Player, Church Presentation Software

it is software that is used to project stuff on screens. in my case, it is used during worship services from simply projecting words on the screen to incorporating live video feeds with graphic overlays. really nice stuff, very easy to use.

in the case of the app, you setup your mac to broadcast a wireless network. using this network you can login to the program from your ipod touch/iphone and control preloaded slides and playlists without having to be at the computer. for me in particular, i have a room i use for students at church. on certain occasions we worship and have classes in this room. this room is equipped with a mac mini and flat screen. i set everything up prior, switch to output mode and never have to touch the mouse or keyboard again, all done from my ipod touch.

Upvote 0
Program and app are both called ProPresenter. Renewed Vision - ProPresenter 4, ProVideoPlayer (PVP), ProVideoSync (PVS) - Mac Worship Software, Video Player, Church Presentation Software

it is software that is used to project stuff on screens. in my case, it is used during worship services from simply projecting words on the screen to incorporating live video feeds with graphic overlays. really nice stuff, very easy to use.

in the case of the app, you setup your mac to broadcast a wireless network. using this network you can login to the program from your ipod touch/iphone and control preloaded slides and playlists without having to be at the computer. for me in particular, i have a room i use for students at church. on certain occasions we worship and have classes in this room. this room is equipped with a mac mini and flat screen. i set everything up prior, switch to output mode and never have to touch the mouse or keyboard again, all done from my ipod touch.

Thanks for sharing. That sounds like a very useful app and software combo.

Kratos

Upvote 0
Sadly, no matter how you Droid fanboys disagree, the iPod Touch is by far the superior music player. I gave mine away to my sister when I got my Droid, stoked by its features, etc. I've been using my Droid as a music player for about 2 months now. It's good, but not amazing. I played around with my iPod touch about 2 weeks ago for a good 3-4 days and I'm amazed by the music quality and the interface. The interface is truly something that the Droid lacks (No, bTunes is a fake rip off; it is the best music app for the Droid but far below Apple). I still use my Droid, but I know that the iPod is better, for me at least.

Upvote 0
Sadly, no matter how you Droid fanboys disagree, the iPod Touch is by far the superior music player. I gave mine away to my sister when I got my Droid, stoked by its features, etc. I've been using my Droid as a music player for about 2 months now. It's good, but not amazing. I played around with my iPod touch about 2 weeks ago for a good 3-4 days and I'm amazed by the music quality and the interface. The interface is truly something that the Droid lacks (No, bTunes is a fake rip off; it is the best music app for the Droid but far below Apple). I still use my Droid, but I know that the iPod is better, for me at least.
Sadly, I completely disagree. And I am by no stretch a Droid fanboy.
bTunes is perfect (album art gestures make it better than ipod touch) The problem is that this functionality isnt included on the Droid at stock.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Upvote 0
Thanks for sharing. That sounds like a very useful app and software combo.

Kratos

it is. we (the church I am on staff on) are very dependent on it. it really simplifies things as it is geared towards live worship application. combined with their pro-video software, it really makes presenting things live extremely easy and one-click in about 99% of instances.

cool story is that the software was designed by "amateurs." about 10 years ago now, so church media guys got together and said, "there has to be a better way to words on a screen..." and voila! propresenter was born.

its really good stuff and for us, as an example, more often than not, our staff creative guys are usually free to do other things during worship services and events because we can easily train volunteers to run the program with ease.

not trying to hijack this thread guys. sorry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones