• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are you guys doing for cases?

Upvote 0
I ordered these:

Body Glove Rubber Snap On Cover with Belt Clip - Looks cool and I like holster cases.
Leather Side Pouch - Technically, also a holster but not as cool, but it covers the entire phone, which will make it good for throwing the phone in a duffel bag, which I will sometimes want to do.

I had the Body Glove rubber one. I liked it, but ultimately decided to return it because I felt the screen was a little too exposed. Also, it wasn't good for just tossing it into my back pack.

I ended up with the leather side pouch. It's a little less convenient when it comes to pulling the phone out and putting it back in, but the entire phone is protected that way.

Also, I found that if you want to use either of the docks, the Body Glove holster won't work. (You only have to remove the main part to use the car dock, though, not the part on the front screen). When removing it, I always felt like I was going to break the phone.

Upvote 0
i ordered this one

Nite Ize Leather Cargo Clip Case - Android Cases on OnlyAndroid.com Store

looks like it meets all my wants and needs...horizontal,brown(oiled leather),velcro (droid friendly) and strong secure clip....we'll see tomorrow

more info on it
Nite Ize: Product Detail

These guys make awesome cases. I've had a few over the years now. My droid is currently living in the case I used to carry my Tilt in. It's a little too big, but I haven't had the time to go buy a new case.

Does the bodyglove add enough bulk that it would not fit in the multi-media dock anymore?

Anything short of the stick on vinyl covers will keep the docks from working.

Upvote 0
I just got this case (a co-worker recommended it) and I can't believe how nice it is for $3.22.

Amazon.com: PCMicrostore Apple iPhone Black Leather Texture Horizontal Holster Carrying Case With Belt Loop And Clip: Cell Phones & Service

It does have a magnet, but doesn't affect the Droid (I think it's low enough on the flap not to activate the dock modes). I figured for $3 I could give it away if I didn't like it.

There are 3 cases shown when you cycle through all the pics. Which one did they send you?

Upvote 0
i ordered this one

Nite Ize Leather Cargo Clip Case - Android Cases on OnlyAndroid.com Store

looks like it meets all my wants and needs...horizontal,brown(oiled leather),velcro (droid friendly) and strong secure clip....we'll see tomorrow

more info on it
Nite Ize: Product Detail

just got it in today.i'm pretty picky about my cases and i give this one two thumbs up. fits the droid very nicely and has a strong clip.easy on and off your belt but as te little "hook" on the bottom so it will be secure. leather looks very nice too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones