1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General What are you guys waiting for

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by volcanicstrad37, Aug 29, 2010.

1. volcanicstrad37

volcanicstrad37 Active Member

Aug 21, 2010
    While I am not having any major problems with my Eris after rooting and such I am feeling the want for something faster and maybe bigger. I'm not sitting on an upgrade either so it's not like I am in a hurry. But I wanted to know what phones you all are waiting for to knock the Eris out of your pocket.

New phones in March or this holiday season?

Advertisement

2. I know the feeling.. seeing the Droid X and Droid 2 out there, the Galaxy S (whatever version Verizon ends up with), etc.. then I look at my little ole Eris.. :D

I must say that my Eris has been a very nice introduction to the world of Android devices; I intend to keep it for at least the first year of the contract, up next January.

But yes.. a larger screen, faster processor is in my future. ;)

3. voch

voch Member

Mar 4, 2010
    I'm planning on jumping to an Incredible in the coming weeks as the first 10 months of my 1-year contract are up. Debating between a 2-year contract on the Incredible or another 1-year...we'll see if my Verizon rep through work can get me a deal (but I doubt it...the Incredible is a hot phone right now).

4. surgeon0214

surgeon0214 Well-Known Member

Apr 14, 2010
    Texas
    I have to wait for my contract to expire so around next november ill be getting the top of the line verizon phone :D

5. danmil05

danmil05 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    student
    NJ
    Question. Since you all have this phone you all have verizon right? I've been having the same eagerness to change my phone once my contract is up. I got my eris on the 23rd in Jan. with a two year contract. Is next Sept. (20 months from now i think) the earliest i can get a new phone for the discounted price? Or is there a way to get a new phone earlier. I don't care about contract year cause i'm fine with staying with verizon.

6. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Male
    Marine tech
    Maryland
    Pay full price and get what ever you want.

7. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Full-time Student
    Atlanta, GA
    if you are the main line (on a family plan i think) then you are eligible for a new phone once a year or the main line can transfer the upgrade to you if you are not. that is how i do it. i get a phone every year and my mom just uses the same dumbphone for 2 years until she can use my upgrade. :D

8. If I'd somehow managed to acquire a junky Eris, as some who report in these forums say they have, I'd have already done that exact thing. But I got a good one.. I like it. ;)

9. bcltoys

bcltoys Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2009
    Male
    Marine tech
    Maryland
    Me and the wife got our eris's for free mine's a little buggy the wife's is prefect not one problem.I will live with them for two years till LTE comes out.

10. T-Keith

T-Keith Well-Known Member

May 1, 2010
    I'll be waiting for our early upgrade and then see what's available. Hopefully the selection has improved since then. Sadly the Incredible is looking like the best Verizon phone right now. I has high hopes for the Samsung, but it's looking like it's going to be missing a few features. Can we please have a phone that has all the bells and whistles but is not the size of an Ipad?

11. Demache

Demache Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2010
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I would switch out to a faster device in a heartbeat if I had the chance. For someone like me, the Eris gets the job done once its rooted, and has been a fairly good experience. But if I want to take full advantage of Android, I'm going to need something with a little more power behind it.

I'll probably wait for about a year. By then, we'll see tons more powerful devices out than we got right now.

12. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Business Owner
    NC
    My Eris does what I need it to do the only thing I miss is a physical keyboard. I can upgrade at anytime with a $100 credit but I am going to wait to see what happens during the Holidays. I was looking at the Fascinate but it looks as though the Verizon version will not have a physical keyboard. With talks of Dual Core processors it going to be interesting what happens.

Luke

13. ericDylan

ericDylan Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
    Full-time Student
    Atlanta, GA
    you have very strong will power. it is taking everything i have to not buy a new phone now at full retail!! if i had a 100 dollar credit then there would be a droid2 in my pocket right now... but alas no upgrade until december. lets hope the holidays bring phones worth the wait!!

14. danmil05

danmil05 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2010
    student
    NJ
    Thanks, I didn't know that. I am on a family share plan and I'm the main account owner. I guess 5 more months for me. Like most people said this is my first Android phone and it been swell but with technology improving phones I would like a faster phone. Maybe like the Incredible or that new phone leaked on Engadget that look like a Evo 2 but by Verizon made by HTC.

15. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2009
    California
    I'm hoping next year Verizon will release a 4G Android smartphone and let users whose contract expires that year to do an early upgrade.

16. lukesdiesel

lukesdiesel Well-Known Member

Jun 13, 2010
    Business Owner
    NC

If I was having issues with my Eris then I would buy the D2 or I would give Verizon a chance to send me one for my Eris. :p

17. graphitedv

graphitedv Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    Chicago
    I gave up last week and bought a D2. Even rooted and overclocked the eris is a real dog compared to the D2. I finally can experience Android the way it was meant to be not to mention use the phone as a phone without lag. I rooted the D2, but just to remove bloatware and use Wifi Tether.

18. Nabraham

Nabraham Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2009
    Quality Assurance Analyst
  19. mslam02

mslam02 Member

Dec 12, 2009