• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What are you watching or streaming now?

I set up and maintain aquariums for high end customers and businesses. I am a Pisces, I have a marine biology degree, I have been swimming since I was 3....... so everything pointed me in this direction.

I will say this though, my passion is cooking. I went to culinary school to follow that passion..... only to find out that restaurant speed is just to fast for me.

This show is intense and is as close to real life as I have ever scene.
I know some chefs who could not take the other restraunt speed, I side occupation at one duration of the mornings, and I can tell you it is as brutal they can advertise it like shows of The Beast, and there was a David Scwimmer one of that type.. Feed the beast, I think the title was and it was I believe was on amc for a huge spell or two, Wow Marine biology degree?

Upvote 0
I know some chefs who could not take the other restraunt speed, I side occupation at one duration of the mornings, and I can tell you it is as brutal they can advertise it like shows of The Beast, and there was a David Scwimmer one of that type.. Feed the beast, I think the title was and it was I believe was on amc for a huge spell or two, Wow Marine biology degree?
if a chef could not handle the speed, then i would not call them chefs. a chef is a different breed of human and this show is not like anything you have seen before about the back of the house. it is truly remarkable how they nailed the realism.

the only criticism i would give is that the restaurant is supposed to be struggling to make ends meet despite it being popular with the locals. if they were truly struggling, they would not have that many people working. but other than that the sh!t is so real!!!!!!!

Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
if a chef could not handle the speed, then i would not call them chefs. a chef is a different breed of human and this show is not like anything you have seen before about the back of the house. it is truly remarkable how they nailed the realism.

the only criticism i would give is that the restaurant is supposed to be struggling to make ends meet despite it being popular with the locals. if they were truly struggling, they would not have that many people working. but other than that the sh!t is so real!!!!!!!
IKR, pstd all the time within them, and they need a creative output, that is why I write, paint, and photograph. :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Perry Mason, Alaska Daily, Will Trent, The Blacklist and waiting for new episodes/seasons/renewals of
Yellowstone, Resident Alien, The Old Man, Only Murders In The Building, Mrs. Maisel and The Mayor of Kingstown (that's gonna be a while :/ ).
I've also been on a classic movie and just older movie kick - Casablanca, Roman Holiday, Sunset Boulevard to stuff like Johnny Dangerously and Michael.
Glad spring is here so I'll be doing stuff besides watching TV (except here comes baseball lol).

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
On Patrol Live

Flashing Lights Police GIF by Alex Sheyn

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Love Spiried away..

I have yet to see those two other flicks ! :)
There's tons more in the whole Studio Ghibli collection, including Howl's Moving Castle, Nausicaa Valley of the Wind, the Wind Rises, and the anti-war, soul-breaking film Grave of the Fireflies

Any chances of finding them in physical form though hav been unsuccessful so far. Anything with Studio Ghibli or any involvement with Hayao Miyazaki are excellent, and it's like "I can't believe it's anime" since it doesn't have any of the goofy tropes of 'popular' anime such as big boobs, doe eyes or cat-eared girls (I sure don't get that last one either).

I can't watch most anime (such as Cowboy Bebop or One Piece, or the highly overrated Dragonball Z which is a meme at this point) because of those tropes or other exaggerated tropes like the big headed emotes, huge sweat drops, or various other annoyances that are part of the genre. But anything Studio Ghibli puts out has been met with excellent music, beautiful animation (and very realistic) and the best pacing ever, and even wonderful english dubs. My Neighbor Totoro was so well-received, that you can still find plush Totoros today in stores.

GHI_Totoro_Select04.0.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
There's tons more in the whole Studio Ghibli collection, including Howl's Moving Castle, Nausicaa Valley of the Wind, the Wind Rises, and the anti-war, soul-breaking film Grave of the Fireflies

Any chances of finding them in physical form though hav been unsuccessful so far. Anything with Studio Ghibli or any involvement with Hayao Miyazaki are excellent, and it's like "I can't believe it's anime" since it doesn't have any of the goofy tropes of 'popular' anime such as big boobs, doe eyes or cat-eared girls (I sure don't get that last one either).

I can't watch most anime (such as Cowboy Bebop or One Piece, or the highly overrated Dragonball Z which is a meme at this point) because of those tropes or other exaggerated tropes like the big headed emotes, huge sweat drops, or various other annoyances that are part of the genre. But anything Studio Ghibli puts out has been met with excellent music, beautiful animation (and very realistic) and the best pacing ever, and even wonderful english dubs. My Neighbor Totoro was so well-received, that you can still find plush Totoros today in stores.

View attachment 166147
I have seen Howls moving Castle in the theater a few times, also Spirited away as well,I have seen Graveyard of the fireflies as well, all to emotional for me and the way I have to watch them,I have to get myself emotionally ready for the tears I wanted to cry out though. And let my emotions just be held in too. (Yeah most over hyped anime's no thanks, I rather just stick to what I know and really can sink my teeth into them.. There are so many other choices in the entire world.)

Upvote 0
So far I've only seen a total of four of the Studio Ghibli films (with Princess Mononoke being on my iTunes) and there ain't a single one that didn't make me cry. I have tears after seeing any of them. They hit me on such an emotional level. Especially with Spirited Away. In that movie, the music works so well with the scenery. Even just at the title card at the very beginning that first few notes of the music tears me up.

A little bit of trivia here...Originally, Grave of the Fireflies was part of a double-feature, playing first, followed by My Neighbor Totoro, many theories suggesting the latter was to make up for the former's effect on audiences, but in many American theatres, they showed Totoro first, then Fireflies, leaving people quite messed up.

At least at the beginning of Fireflies, you not only know the ending before seeing the film, but at least you know that he is reunited with his sister in some sort of spiritual realm, for better or worse. God they knew how to animate! Dragonball Z ain't got nothing on Studio Ghibli

Grave-of-the-Fireflies-6.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Milo Williamson
Upvote 0
So far I've only seen a total of four of the Studio Ghibli films (with Princess Mononoke being on my iTunes) and there ain't a single one that didn't make me cry. I have tears after seeing any of them. They hit me on such an emotional level. Especially with Spirited Away. In that movie, the music works so well with the scenery. Even just at the title card at the very beginning that first few notes of the music tears me up.

A little bit of trivia here...Originally, Grave of the Fireflies was part of a double-feature, playing first, followed by My Neighbor Totoro, many theories suggesting the latter was to make up for the former's effect on audiences, but in many American theatres, they showed Totoro first, then Fireflies, leaving people quite messed up.

At least at the beginning of Fireflies, you not only know the ending before seeing the film, but at least you know that he is reunited with his sister in some sort of spiritual realm, for better or worse. God they knew how to animate! Dragonball Z ain't got nothing on Studio Ghibli

View attachment 166149
Yeah but. hate to fight with you, have you seen Jojo's bizzare adventure?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones