• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root what are your running temps in different situations?

akikhia

Android Expert
Oct 24, 2011
im still trying to figure out whether i have the overheating issue. because i consider my usage to be heavy so idk.
so i live in the sf bay area weather here is not too warm. i usually run netflix and/or navigation while driving.
the phone never overheats by itself however if i use nrtflix for a good hour in the car temps reach 51c maybe more. gps use runs around 42-47 c and standard running temp is about 39c
sometimes 4g shows running but itll stall lag or just stop downloading for a minute or two. and id do a bunch of stuff from airplane mode to a phone call but it comes back by itself when it wants
id be watching utube itll stop buffering wait there for a min then blast and buffer the rest at its usual 4g speed.
so everyone please report usage type and temp.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones