• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What are your SetCPU profile settings at?

Just rooted my Eris and am wondering what would be the best way to use setCPU.

I'm running Ivan's Eris Official 1.0 at 710MHz max. and 245MHz min. for my main settings. For my profiles, I've only enabled "Sleep/Standby" (set to 480 Max, 245 Min) and "Failsafe Profile" (set to 43 degrees C, 245 Max, 245 Min).

Note: Ivan's 1.0 ROM is kernel-locked to 710MHz, so I can't go any higher without flashing Zanfur's kernel patch and a newer version of setCPU. But, I'm happy with this speed since its safe and does the job for me.

Others have posted some of their settings here: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/98457-overclocking-hmm.html

Upvote 0
I'm running Ivan's Eris Official 1.0 at 710MHz max. and 245MHz min. for my main settings. For my profiles, I've only enabled "Sleep/Standby" (set to 480 Max, 245 Min) and "Failsafe Profile" (set to 43 degrees C, 245 Max, 245 Min).

Note: Ivan's 1.0 ROM is kernel-locked to 710MHz, so I can't go any higher without flashing Zanfur's kernel patch and a newer version of setCPU. But, I'm happy with this speed since its safe and does the job for me.

Others have posted some of their settings here: http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-eris/98457-overclocking-hmm.html

Mine are similar...

Main CPU settings: 528 min / 768 max (ondemand)
Screen Off profile: 245 min / 480 max (ondemand)
Temp > 43 C profile: 245 min / 480 max (ondemand)

Upvote 0
Mine are similar...

...when I can stop playing with my new "X", I'm going to start tweaking my Eris a little more (now that I've got a fallback plan)...waiting for Ivan's 1.1, Zanfurs o/c patch, newer setCPU, a little higher o/c'ing, maybe a little JIT, and Paul P's suggested radio...(got some more researching to do :D)

Upvote 0
Battery life on my device was suffering a bit until I enabled a profile for "screen off/sleep," as many are doing, and set it at 245/245.

I found no perceivable response difference coming out of sleep to the home screen at 710/710 in Aloysius Snow.

I'm going to try that. Every time I increase the CPU setting to 768/245 my screen goes black and I have to reboot. Maybe a little too much for my phone.

I'll try 710/710.

Upvote 0
Is 43C the right temp to set the alarms at?

I've been using my Eris to browse some photos and do some we surfing and it kept setting off TEMP and FAILSAFE alarms.

Can I bump up to 45C safely?

My current settings are same as thenestor

Upvote 0
Is 43C the right temp to set the alarms at?

I've been using my Eris to browse some photos and do some we surfing and it kept setting off TEMP and FAILSAFE alarms.

Can I bump up to 45C safely?

My current settings are same as thenestor

EDIT: But then again if you are just web browsing and hitting that failsafe you might want to put down your main CPU setting a bit. Mine only hit failsafe while charging or out in the sun. Not just casual use at all.

I wouldn't worry about it too much. I tried setting a 40C failsafe and even 45 I believe but it always hit it in my car while I was charging and running music or gps. IDK about all of you but my phone gets hella hot in a hot car, plugged into charger, while running something. I just turned the failsafe off completely right now b/c I have never had an issue with not having it set before.

Upvote 0
Thanks

I think it's the "Gallery" app which is very CPU intensive. I only seem to set off alarms while using that app to look at pics for more than 5-10 mins.

Also I was outside and it is 90+ degrees right now.

I'm in my house with the A/C on full blast and no more alarms.

Still Learning tho!

Thnks

Upvote 0
Have a question regarding the main screen vs profiles settings. When i switch the main screen to 710/480 it freezes. Then reboots. But when I select higher values in the profiles and enable them everything is fine.

Do the profile values over ride the main screen or is the main screen the actual OC value?

Upvote 0
I have been tweaking my SetCPU profiles lately. I'm running WW4.4 ROM with these settings

Main Profile 528 min / 729 max
Battery < 35% 480 min / 604 max
Temp > 43C 245 min / 528 max
Screen off 245 min / 480 max

These get me an average of 3.10 Linpak scores, but most of all, a phone that never lags. I hope my battery life doesn't suffer. I shall keep an eye on it.

Upvote 0
No more lag for me either. My mflops may not be the fastest, but compared to how the ozone was stock (pre root) and there is really no comparison. All the apps load fast, the dialer/phone never lag now.

So happy I rooted. The OC thing i still have to spend more time to learn and figure it all out.

Upvote 0
I had absolutely amazing battery life this weekend while I had good signal (like 60 hours) with my profiles set at:

Main: 768/480
Screen off: 480/245
Temp Failsafe at 44.3: 480/122

Hit the failsafe once while running Nav and charging in a 100*+ car, good thing was that the nav ran fine with that 480 max and the temp dropped like a rock after I took the back off. Linpack's are consistent 5+, running CELB 2.8

Upvote 0
all with scaling On Demand. Using SetCPU 2.0.1, and Zanfur's kernel (but I dont want to blow my CPU so I dont peak over 710). Also using JIT, but dont think that is relevant to any of this.

Main Profile 19min / 710 max
Screen off 19min / 245 max
Battery < 11% 19min / 245 max
Temp > 43C 19min / 245 max

I'm going as low as 19 without any issues, I want the least amount of load when its off or not needing power, the on demand (if its working like a PC should throttle it up to peak on the highest load as needed, so the min shouldn't/hasn't been an issue so far.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones