1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

what are your SetCPU Settings? Mine Restarts at 1.7GHZ???

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by narutoninjakid, Dec 27, 2011.

1. narutoninjakid

narutoninjakid Android Enthusiast

when i try to put my esteem at 1.7ghz it restarts. does anyone know why? i tryed to put it at 1.6GHZ and it restarted again. at 1.5 it seems okay but i only got a 2660 quadrant score, im a fene i want a higher one. plus, could you guys list some of your settings below. Thanks Guys:):):)

P.S. is it safe to click set on boot in the settings.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Not all phones are made the same. Not all phones will be able to run at 1.7 just because another can. Just stick with 1.5ghz.

Also moved you over to the all things root section of the forum since the over clock kernel is root related. ;)

3. danyvw

danyvw Android Enthusiast

Mine works flawlessly at 1.7 GHz but as Shiny said all phones are not equal.

4. crono209

crono209 Newbie

Yea my rebooted at 1.7 too but only when I play games. But running at 1.7 with Antutu Bench my score was 4332

5. redhook

redhook Android Expert

1.7Ghz works for me too. Getting a CPU that overclocks well is hit and miss. They're rated for a lower speed because not all chips on a platter come out the same quality.

6. twistedriku

twistedriku Android Enthusiast

I'm stable at 1.7 too, not a lag in the world. I wish I could try the 1.9 cause I think my phone can go up there possibly. But I'm sure it'll go past 1.7. And you can set it to set on boot but be sure u have a backup or at least test out the different settings to see where ur phone is stable and set it to boot at that.

7. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Android Enthusiast

Exactly. The chip we have runs reliably at 1Ghz. The manufacturer can get enough yields at 1GHz to make money. A certain percentage will run higher than the stated speed, but it's not guaranteed. A few will only run lower -- and those are rejects. They don't test which will run higher as they are only interested in enough yields at the stated speed.

When they get a chip that runs reliably at 1.2 Ghz, it's rated and sold as a 1.2 GHz CPU. And so on.

For last year's iPhone 4, Apple actually UNDERclocked their CPU from 1GHz to 800Mhz. They had a 1GHz chip they didn't want to run at 1GHz. :thinking: Experts speculated it was for battery reasons -- that the decrease in speed was not noticeable but added like 20 minutes to battery life.

8. Jeyd02

Jeyd02 Android Expert

Well. As many have said, your luck depends on it if you really got a capable phone....

Mine however is a ultimate machine. I srsly think mine can hit 2.0ghz stable!

9. synergy7

synergy7 Well-Known Member

count me blessed. 1.7ghz ...smooth..on boot. my phone loves me and I love it.

10. starstress

starstress Android Enthusiast

I have mine set at ondemand, should I switchto smartass

11. king9starz

king9starz Member

Hows that possible? I thought we can only overclock the default if we flash a rom? Is there a rom out for the esteem that i dont kbow about? Because im clocked at 1ghz and thats max

12. aasim305

aasim305 Lurker

Hello
    How can i set up my cpu to 1.7ghz?
    Thanks

13. starstress

starstress Android Enthusiast

You need to be rooted and then just flash it. If your not familiar with any of this Ill be glad to help but there are stickys in all things root section that will help also

14. aasim305

aasim305 Lurker

My phone is rooted already. Whats the next step i take?

15. intrdrgn

intrdrgn Android Expert

you need to download an app from the market for it, i'm using SetCPU.

16. ManlyParasite

ManlyParasite Android Enthusiast

17. rt-hemiboy

rt-hemiboy Newbie

ChazzMatt welcome back...

18. rt-hemiboy

rt-hemiboy Newbie

+1 Mines iss lightning fast at 1.7 no reboots just plain esteem...

19. redhook

redhook Android Expert

Do you not see the overclocked kernel in this section?

20. androiduser96

androiduser96 Android Enthusiast

My LG Esteem reboots by itself. Its rooted, with custom kernel at 1.7ghz, & bloatware removed. Anyone might know why this might be?

21. Aplus

Aplus Android Enthusiast

Maybe 1.7 is too high for your phone. Try scaling back and see when it stops rebooting.

androiduser96 likes this.
  22. rt-hemiboy

rt-hemiboy Newbie

Sorry not to be rude but you should start reading thru the forums an posts.. This question have been asnwered already not need to create another thread. If it rebooting try lowering to 1.5ghz and then go up from there not all phones are the same..Some of them cant handle the 1.7

23. androiduser96

Didn't mean to double-post it. I just didn't find it. But thanks anyway. Can you give me the link to the post?

24. androiduser96

Im starting to think thats not the problem. I had it at 1.5ghz and 1.4ghz and it still rebooted by itself. It did it sometimes before I installed CWM and the Kernel but now it does it more often.
    Can someone help me?

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews