• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Best Buy did you pre order at?

Just got back from pre-ordering in Charleston, SC. I'm number 2 in line. The guy didn't set an appointment for me but told me they would call as soon as they get the phone. He said they are expecting it on their Wednesday delivery but it could be earlier or later.

I also played with the dummy model they had and it's incredibly solid and heavy but not in a bad way. It also fits comfortably in my pocket, which could change when I get a case but shouldn't be too different than my iPod touch with a case. The one thing that worries me is that if the model is 100% true to the actual phone then the keys on the keyboard are going to be hard to press.

Upvote 0
I was #1 at the Best Buy in Syracuse, NY (Carousel Mall).

They had to scramble to get the paperwork together. I felt a little awkward being the first one..Pre-ordering doesn't really seem necessary if I could nonchalantly walk in a few days after they started taking pre-orders and still be first.

Still excited though!

Upvote 0
I did not pre-order at BB but I do have an 8 a.m. appointment on Friday. I'm going to the mall kiosk Verizon. They are opening early and gave me the first appointment. I do believe that the Verizon stores are a bit desperate to get people to come in, at least in my area (Cincinnati).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones