• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What bluetooth device do you use with your Hero? Does it always connect correctly?

elguapo76

Oct 24, 2009
In light of some issues a few of us are experiencing with bluetooth failing to connect correctly and draining our storage space, I was wondering what bluetooth devices always connect with the Hero and which ones fail sometimes?

I will start with mine. I have the Jabra SP700 speakerphone. It only connects 80% of the time.

I have the Motorola H17 Dual cell bluetooth headset. Pretty cool since it allows me to connect two phones to it.

Previously, I had the PlanOn Printstik mobile thermal printer and it connected and printed well. but I had to return that unit since I mainly bought it to connect my laptop while traveling and it just did not want to connect with the laptop.

TS out (finding other things to connect to it)

Upvote 0
I have Motorola S9-HD Bluetooth headphones, and a Plantronics Voyager 855 Bluetooth stereo headset and have had connection problems with both. I found I would get the best results by turning the headphones on first and then turning on the Bluetooth on the Hero, but even then I would not always get consistant connections or a "multimedia" connection. If they connected at all they would usually only operate as a "phone" Bluetooth device, and music/podcasts would continue to output through the Hero's external speaker.

I was also having the storage memory (ROM) leak problem that was recently apparently traced back to the Bluetooth-failure-to-connect issue on the Hero. Since that discovery I have factory reset and not used Bluetooth at all. I have not leaked any storage space since. So be careful you are not losing storage space each time to try to connect Bluetooth and subsequently turn off the Hero. There are other threads on this if you are interested...

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc...cumented-video-may-cause-fatal-sms-issue.html

http://androidforums.com/sprint-htc-hero/12303-low-space.html

Oh and both bluetooth devices, the Moto and the Plantronics, worked on my previous Windows Mobile device so it is not the headphones.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones