• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What bluetooth do you use?

serilium

Lurker
Nov 4, 2010
Hey guys, I just got my Aria about a week or so ago, my old bluetooth doesn't want to play nice. (Blueant Q1). I'm really bummed about it because I've only had it for about 5 months. :(
I've not had any luck with support on it, so I'm looking at replacing it. Does anyone have any recommendations. I use my bluetooth a lot, so I need very good audio quality and excellent battery life.

I've looked at reviews a lot and am considering Motorola (Endeavor or H17) and Plantronics voyager series or the Sound ID 510.

I just wanted to hear what other people are using and how they like it.

Thanks!

Hey guys, I just got my Aria about a week or so ago, my old bluetooth doesn't want to play nice. (Blueant Q1). I'm really bummed about it because I've only had it for about 5 months. :(
I've not had any luck with support on it, so I'm looking at replacing it. Does anyone have any recommendations. I use my bluetooth a lot, so I need very good audio quality and excellent battery life.

I've looked at reviews a lot and am considering Motorola (Endeavor or H17) and Plantronics voyager series or the Sound ID 510.

I just wanted to hear what other people are using and how they like it.

Thanks!

What exactly is the BT issue you are having with the headset? The current Aria ROM is Android 2.1 and does not support hands free dialing through a BT headset without installing a 3rd party application. Android 2.2 now supports BT hands free dialing, but your only option to get Android 2.2 on your Aria is to root it and install a custom Froyo 2.2 ROM. HTC nor AT&T have released an update Froyo 2.2 ROM for the Aria.

I personally use a Plantronics Voyager 520 and it works great with Froyo 2.2 on my Aria.

Regards,

Tom

Upvote 0
Thanks for the response. The problem I'm having is the Blueant battery dies after 20 minues of talk time. It does not have that problem with my husband's iPhone. I've contacted Blueant and HTC support. HTC gave me a ticket number and promised they would test it out. However Blueant support pretty much told me that it was the phone and there was nothing they could do about it, even though they had found battery issues on the Palm Pre and released a patch.
I'm just looking for a replacement because I dont' want to deal with the hassle of Blueant's Tech Support.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones