• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Bluetooth Do You Use?

tazcollins

Jan 21, 2010
Ft. Worth, Tx.
I would like to know what bluetooth you use with the Hero. I use one most of the time. I've been through several. I've been using a Blue Ant Z9i for the last 15 months so it moved from my Instinct to the Hero three months ago. Just wanting to change I purchased a Plantronics Voyager Pro a few weeks ago. It was very comfortable despite it's size. The main problem was that the incoming call quality was muffled and boxy. After four days of disappointment I returned it to the Sprint store for a refund. Blue Ant is bringing out the T1 next month which streams GPS and other functions through the headset. It looks promising. So what do you use? Thanks, TC. :rolleyes:

What do you think about the new Jawbone Icon. I've been studying this one.

I think their TECH/SPECS are top notch, but some people complain about the FIT. Their Noise Assassin tech is from Military use and works great. I have the older Jawbone II cause I like it's fit and is a carry over from my last phone. I'm happy with it and if needing a new one would definitely look to Aliph's products first.

So, I would say you gotta check it out for yourself, make sure wherever you get it from has a liberal return policy ;)

:cool:

Reactions: tazcollins
Upvote 0
What do you think about the new Jawbone Icon. I've been studying this one.

Have it, use it, love it.

Would like the phone to be able to use the bluetooth to voice command though. Also holding down the headset doesn't redial, it tells you the headset's remaining battery life. Great sound quality though - better than through the phone itself.

Reactions: tazcollins
Upvote 0
Motorola Endeavor HX1. Best Bluetooth ear bug I've ever used and I went through 'em all trying to find one I really liked.

I also have a BlueAnt Z9i that I use if I leave the HX1 at work. It used to be my favorite until I got the HX1 and it works OK, but I'll grab the HX1 every time if I have the choice.

Pete
I've been looking at the HX1. Anything else you can tell me about it?
Thanks, TC.

Upvote 0
Have it, use it, love it.

Would like the phone to be able to use the bluetooth to voice command though. Also holding down the headset doesn't redial, it tells you the headset's remaining battery life. Great sound quality though - better than through the phone itself.

I have an Jawbone ICON Rogue model. Redial is a double press. Single press gives battery life. I just downloaded the A2DP update so now it will route all audio to it. It is programmable so that you can have different voices do the commands. I prefer the sexy English chick. You can also program the long press to activate a number of other programs such as voice to text, 411, etc. CNET deemed it the best bluetooth earpiece out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones