• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What bluetooth headset are you planning on using with your evo?

travisr528

Android Enthusiast
Dec 22, 2009
Austin,Texas
I am wondering what bluetooth headset everyone is going to be using with their new Evo's? I am thinking about getting this one:BlueAnt Q1 Voice Controlled Headset - BlueAnt Wireless I like the android app that you can use with it too. I have never owned blueant but have always heard good things about them.

Tell me what you think of this headset and tell me what you will be using?

Ok I think that is the one I've been wanting. I messed up my Plantronics 520 but then it started working but I still like this one. For 2 days I researched BT headsets and there were 2 Blue Ant ones and one played Navi and MP3's through it. There is a Q1 and a V1 I think. I'll have to google it and see which one it is I wanted. It had voice activated dialing with it with presets. It got good reviews. On my TP2 now if I say call so and so it messes it up but if I say dial and a number it gets it right. I may just wait and see if my 520 works good one the EVO. I think it was the Q1. I gonna go look it up now.

I am wondering what bluetooth headset everyone is going to be using with their new Evo's? I am thinking about getting this one:BlueAnt Q1 Voice Controlled Headset - BlueAnt Wireless I like the android app that you can use with it too. I have never owned blueant but have always heard good things about them.

Tell me what you think of this headset and tell me what you will be using?

Upvote 0
What is this Android App that comes with the Q1? I am going to try the Q1. I just went back to there website and now I remember why I liked it so much. You can say answer and say ignore and say pair all the voice commands. I hope it works good with this phone. I remember reading it will play your MP3's which I know having them just play in one ear isn't the greatest but I would use it for that sometimes.

Edit: Ok it says with the Android app it will read your text which is cool. I wonder if you want to do speech to text if you can talk through the headset also and it will type your text. I know there is a mic on the keyboard and you can press it and talk and it types. But I would love to do everything through this headset. On my TP2 now this lady would read the text and just the subjects of your email. I hard reset my phone and can't get it to do it anymore sure it's a setting but I don't know if it went through the headset I have now or not. But I am ordering this one for sure. Now to see who has it the cheapest.

Upvote 0
Ok I think that is the one I've been wanting. I messed up my Plantronics 520 but then is started working. But for 2 days I researched bt headsets and there were 2 Blue Ant ones and one played navigation and MP3's through it. There is a Q1 and a V1 I think. I'll have to google it and see which one it is I wanted. It had voice activated dialing with it with presets. It got good reviews. On my TP2 now if I say call so and so it messes it up but if I say dial and a number it gets it right. I may just wait and see if my 520 works good one the EVO. I don't know yet.
I am kinda feeling blueant too. Any of their headsets would be nice, but I am curious of the popularity of who is using what. Oh and both are voice controlled the Q1 just uses an android app to interact with your android phone better.

Upvote 0
Oh well you said 2 weeks that is why I asked. I live in Louisville where the warehouse is so I do expect it right on the 4th or earlier. A week earlier would be sweet.

I edited my above post. I read what the android app does and now I am just going to get this Blue Ant one for sure. I like all it's features. I have the Plantrnics 520 now and it's cheaper and works ok on my TP2. I wish it was a little louder sometimes. But I ran it through the dryer by accident and it hasn't been the same. I'm getting this one if I can find it at a decent price. I hope it fits good in my ear and I hope it works good with the EVO.

I ordered it though EVP, like you. So I am hoping before June 4th.

(finger's crossed)

Upvote 0
I would hope so! When I called to inquire about it a while back she said it did Navi and played your MP3's through the headset. There were 2 versions V1 and Q1 and she recommended the Q1 and I liked the Navi and MP3 feature of coming through the headset. But I mostly will just play music from the phones speaker. But this is the one I am getting now.

Q1 looks good! Will it play google nav through the headset?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones