• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what brightness level do you use?

I wonder if there is a noticeable difference in battery life between using something like 20% and 80%. I understand there are variables like phone usage (the time the screen would be on with a heavier user would be more affected by this). I would like to keep my brightness higher than 45% but am worried about draining my battery... I don't know why I worry as I don't have battery issues but maybe I don't have issues because I take these precautions. I feel like all the little things combined to preserve battery add up.

Upvote 0
...... All I want to be able to do is adjust the auto brightness's brightness? .....

So is there still no app that will do this, for a non-rooted EVO?

I wish the settings allowed for "Auto-Low", "Auto-Medium" and "Auto-High" automatic brighness levels, instead of just Auto versus Manual. Instead I'll try one of the manual apps that people have recommended, that will at least give quicker access.

Upvote 0
I use a brightness widget, it seems to be the fastest way to change, its small, and gives you unlimited choices, instead of just 3 presets. But i usually keep mine between 10% and 20% just to keep my battery alive when i need it. When showing pictures, or doing anything outside or in bright light, I usually just got straight to 75% or 100%.

Upvote 0
I just cranked it to 100% and I've left it there. There's no MAJOR impact on the span of the battery, from my usage at least. (I like saying the span of the battery.... 'battery life' is over used here...)

I say crank and go. You won't regret it, although the screen looks abnormally dim after you get used to it being at 100% all the time, then switch it down. Probably just the effects of my perception being altered.

Reactions: SMARTPHONEPC
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones