• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What browser are you using?

FireFox (for features and ease of use) and Chrome for pure raw speed, security and stability. I've tried opera, but other than it's ability to bypass censors and corporate filters, I really don't care for it. I keep IE around only because MS sometimes must use it. Otherwise, I don't touch IE and would gladly delete it.

Upvote 0

icon1.gif

:) I'm using :) Mozilla Firefox :) due to lots of :) add ons supported :) with Firefox. :)

Upvote 0
I've been using Opera for years, can't beat it. But I have to keep IE for a few sites that don't recognize Opera. There are things built into Opera that you need plugins for with other browsers.

I used to keep an updated copy of firefox for those stubborn sites but thats not the case anymore. I haven't seen a site that wouldn't show properly in opera (excepting my adblocking whitelists) for years now. Even my old uni's restrictions could be bypassed by changing the "identify as" settings.

I keep chrome on my pc also because more people are familiar with it if they have to use my pc. I've been hearing good things about IE9 also, but haven't tried it personally.

Upvote 0
I just found out Chrome handles bookmarks the way I like last night....If I can get some better compatibility with AI Roboform or a decent substitute....Firefox may be done for.

Oh and make Ultra Edit or NotePad++ be used as default when viewing web page source.

Opera is still there just for the speed alone, but I need it to work with some of my apps or find decent substitutes...

Upvote 0
Would love to try a new browser besides IE but none so far will allow me to change the background to a high contrast black b/g with a light font. I have bad vision and so far, only IE will allow me to change the colors on a webpage. If anyone knows otherwise, let me know! I love Opera and Safari but the white background kills my eyes.

Upvote 0
^Check this out:
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/featured/accessibility

You reminded me that I need this sometimes too. Some websites I visit, when you click on a link you cant tell if you already did cuz the either background color is the same as or something else is going on.

I just found out Chrome handles bookmarks the way I like last night....If I can get some better compatibility with AI Roboform or a decent substitute....Firefox may be done for.

Oh and make Ultra Edit or NotePad++ be used as default when viewing web page source.

Opera is still there just for the speed alone, but I need it to work with some of my apps or find decent substitutes...

Found out I was using a beta of the latest Roboform....went back to the latest stable version and it works. (I had to use the beta for the latest version of Firefox.)

Found out how to search for words in web page sources...Chrome has that built in. Thats all I wanted UltraEdit or Notepadd++ for...

Its safe to say Chrome is my default browser now. Gonna play around with Opera to see if that or Firefox will be my #2.

Also found out with Chrome you can search thru bookmarks, a big help with ppl with lots of bookmarks and you know at least a specific word or 2 in the bookmark. I'm sure there's an add on for FF that can do the same thing...lol

Firfox used to be my fav but I use lots of tabs, sometimes lots of windows too, and Firefox just uses too much virtual memory. Too many times lately I had to exit the browser all the way to stop slowdowns, freezing. And Firefox just brings up my last opened tabs without asking me if it crashes or is closed down thru Task Manager. What if I was at a website that crashed Firefox..? It didnt do that before 3.6.12. It asked before. Like Chrome asks now...

Firefox seems like its going in the wrong direction for me...like the latest version isnt compatible with the latest version of Roboform.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones