• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What browser are you using

I use xScope as my default browzer, because it opens/is the fastest browzer to load. I don't use the browzer alot, when I click a link from twitter, or want to check something really quick, I don't like waiting 10-15 seconds for the stock to open. I had dolphin browzer back in the day, but xScope is simple just the way i like it. I don't get the gesture search thing still...

However, I dl'd the Opera Mini Beta and wow, it's fast AND has a great interface. Have you tried it yet, Caddy? Curious what you think of it vs Dolphin

Upvote 0
i did try opera mini for a full day, used all it's features. the way opera runs pages through its own process i think messes it up sometimes, seems to me like sometimes it would get confused on which pages to load and stuff. not often, but i noticed.

that wasn't a deal breaker per say, it happened very rarely, i just didn't like it as much as dolphin.

many people think the gesture feature of dolphin is gimmicky, i did at first, but now that i am used to it and made a few of my own it really is nice.

swiping left and right to switch tabs is super nice

hitting menu and having refresh button right there is nice

idk, i guess you like what you know, and i have learned dolphin so it would take something real awesome to make me switch at this point.

opera is a very pretty app though, the menu's and images are very nice.

Upvote 0
I have been using Dolphin but I also have Opera mini 5 beta and xscope downloaded. Opera has a super nice looking ui and I like how small xscope tabs are as well as how I can just long press on a link an it will open a new tab automatically instead of a menu. Dolphin is the only one I know of, besides stock, that has pinch to zoom but I don't use it often. Like caddy said, I'm just used to Dolphin, trying the others too but so far Dolphin FTW.

Upvote 0
I downloaded Opera yesterday and played around with it for a while. It is definately faster than anything else out there, but I still prefer Dolphin over the rest.

One question re: Opera, is there a way to get full screen? I didn't like the bars on top and bottom cutting out the viewing area. I honestly didn't get deep into the settings so it may be fairly obvious but I've already deleted the app. If it's possible, I may give it another try.

Thx.

Upvote 0
One question re: Opera, is there a way to get full screen? I didn't like the bars on top and bottom cutting out the viewing area. I honestly didn't get deep into the settings so it may be fairly obvious but I've already deleted the app. If it's possible, I may give it another try.

Thx.

Settings, select full screen. It still shows the address bar, but you can get rid of the annoying tool bar and header line.

Reactions: eurotrash323
Upvote 0
I tried them all, even bought xScope and liked it but missed flash and being able to click on video links embedded on blogs and other sites. After falling for all the bells and whistles with Dolphin and xScope, I end up coming back to the stock browser, now on 2.1. I like the simplicity and elegance without any garishness and it's just about as fast as the others. I just need to remember to manually clear the cache every other day.

With all that said, I also use Opera Mini 5 to browse sites that aren't graphic intensive, such as this one. It is really fast for most sites. Since Opera can't be set as default, I use it with the stock browser.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones