• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What build is being sold now?

went to Best Buy yesterday to see if I can find and EVO without the battery back cover problem (not flush) and they opened 3 boxes and all had the same issue. Mine is 0002 but obviously they could not boot up any of the ones they showed me to see what version they were.

Looks like I'm out of luck and will have to live with this

Upvote 0
went to Best Buy yesterday to see if I can find and EVO without the battery back cover problem (not flush) and they opened 3 boxes and all had the same issue. Mine is 0002 but obviously they could boot up any of the ones they showed me to see what version they were.

You can easily tell a build 3 by the battery door being a flat black rubberized finish. All Build 2 phones have a charcoal metallic finish door. I highly doubt there are any new build 2 phones in dealer stock any more because build 3 was out already at launch but in very limited quantities. A lucky few got a build 3 handset on June 4th.

Upvote 0
You can easily tell a build 3 by the battery door being a flat black rubberized finish. All Build 2 phones have a charcoal metallic finish door. I highly doubt there are any new build 2 phones in dealer stock any more because build 3 was out already at launch but in very limited quantities. A lucky few got a build 3 handset on June 4th.

got a picture of both for comparison?

Upvote 0
went to Best Buy yesterday to see if I can find and EVO without the battery back cover problem (not flush) and they opened 3 boxes and all had the same issue. Mine is 0002 but obviously they could not boot up any of the ones they showed me to see what version they were.

Have you tried the "post it note" solution for the battery door? It worked like a champ for me.

Upvote 0

This can't be true. I have a release day build 3 and it has the charcoal battery cover.

evo-hw003.jpg

evo-chback.jpg

Upvote 0

Yea I miss my old battery door. This new one is so...normal. :D

Upvote 0
Mine is the 007 version. James Bond special edition. When you press power and hold volume UP for 7 seconds, than release volume it plays the theme from Goldfinger and a picture of P ussy Galore pops up on the screen.

LMAO I can't believe this software censors the word p ussy but allows you to type the word ****. Please replace the asterisks in the link below.

(For all you kiddies without a clue you can read about James Bond, Goldfinger and Pu ssy Galore here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/*****_Galore#Film).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones