• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root What can I achieve by rooting my Kindle Fire HD?

supersi

Jul 6, 2012
Newbie question.

I'm keen to root my Kindle so at least I can get access to Google Play.
But what else will rooting do? I've rooted my Galaxy S3 and I love the cleaner theme. Can you choose new themes with a rooted Kindle and display apps on the home screen like the Android phones, iPad etc...?

Newbie question.

I'm keen to root my Kindle so at least I can get access to Google Play.
But what else will rooting do? I've rooted my Galaxy S3 and I love the cleaner theme. Can you choose new themes with a rooted Kindle and display apps on the home screen like the Android phones, iPad etc...?

With Root Access, we are able to get Google Plap, Custom launchers like ADW , Nova, Holo, Widgets, and theyre also working on a Custom Recovery and Cyanogen Mod 10. Many things are being worked on for the Kindle Fire HD, but if you do decide to Root, you might want to think about getting a factory Cable just incase you accidentally brick your devide.!

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones