1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

What can I say

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by helijohn, Oct 10, 2011.

1. helijohn

helijohn Member
    None

Oct 10, 2011
    I am not a mobile phone connoisseur - in fact I think I don't like them - but I do like the android ones a little!:D In fact I think gingerbread is the way to go. So I am a mobilephobic and not too savvy about them. It is fair to say I joined here to pick all your brains rather than give opinions and insights.;)

So why would I prefer android OS? What are the advantages??

If I get a phone operating on say Symbian 3 will I be able to ask about it on this forum or would I need to join another? So many forums and so little time!!

Advertisement

2. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary

Mar 5, 2010
    Male
    space alien ;)
    Indy
    Welcome to the AndroidForums, helijohn.

To me, Android represents choice. With that, you get options, configurability, and more control over things. The details, of course, vary from phone to phone and version of Android.

Here's a good starting forum to research and discuss the merits of Android vs. other phones, etc.:

Android Lounge - Android Forums

This is an Android forum, so you'll be able to discuss the merits of other operating systems as they related to Android.

Check it out and see what's in there :).

Cheers and good luck!

3. helijohn

helijohn Member
    None

Oct 10, 2011
    Thanks; it is mainly why I joined. I have already put a post up for suggestions as to what I might be able to get but I think I am chasing the unattainable - for example the Motorola Droid 3!!:D

I agree about Android choice and above all I do not want to go near anything Microsoft which is a pity cos it rules out a few good phones.

As I have said, I am ignorant about the phones that are available and I don't do sales pitch talk like you get in the mobile phone shops!!;) Bad innit!!:D