• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

what can i use to remove grime from phone

I was using a silicon case until recently, i removed the case and the lower back end of the phone where the speaker and mic is that was an opening on the case. well, i thought that the ring around those 2 things was just dust build up but now i can't seem to remove the ring that it formed. wondering what i could use without hurting the paint. i wish i could show pictures, but i don't have any. the case was this:
Amzer-silicone-jelly-skin-case-droid-x-11-300x300.jpg
where the bottom part of is opened.

I use a spray bottle with a small amount of dish soap mixed with water. I use it for my glasses but also works for my phones. I mist a micro fiber towel with the dish soap/water mix then wipe my phone down. Make sure to not use a whole lot of dish soap and don't make the towel wet, just mist it. I don't know the exact mix ratio but it's something like one squirt of dish soap in a 20 ounce spray bottle of water. You can find the bottles for like 99 cents at most grocery stores. Cheaper and better than most window wash fluids and no ammonia. I wouldn't use windex on it.

Upvote 0
I got a package of those 'anti-bacterial' wipes for free from my local Verizon Wireless store. At first I though they were a joke and was bout to pitch them when one day I accidentally dripped mustard from my hotdog onto the screen, and when I tried to wipe if off some of it got pushed into the crack between the screen and the edge of the phone... AAAARRRRGGGG!!!

So I broke out those wipes hoping they could clean it out and to my amazement they cleaned my phone so good it looked, and felt brand new again! I'm now hooked on those things. I completely clean my phone with one about every 3 to 5 days depending on how dirty it is. And I always look forward to handling it again right after I clean it with those wipes.

It's like getting a new phone all over again! :D

Upvote 0
I got a package of those 'anti-bacterial' wipes for free from my local Verizon Wireless store. At first I though they were a joke and was bout to pitch them when one day I accidentally dripped mustard from my hotdog onto the screen, and when I tried to wipe if off some of it got pushed into the crack between the screen and the edge of the phone... AAAARRRRGGGG!!!

Didn't your mom teach you to always dab things like that, not wipe? :p

OP: a small amount of rubbing alcohol will forever be your friend

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones