• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What can we do about it?

HustlinDaily

Android Expert
Apr 6, 2010
Sugar Land, TX
Is there anything we can do to force AT&T to be accountable for their actions? Class action lawsuit? This is false advertising. It is 3.5 hours away from 2H 2010 and they have 2 devices plus 2 announced despite a statement promising 5 by today. Is there anything we can do or do we just have to take it? I doubt they will apologize lol.

Sent from my Liquid using Tapatalk

There is nothing anyone as a customer can due short of just walking away. However if you are a shareholder that is another thing altogether. But sadly even if a shareholder made a stink about it the company still made enough money a no cofidence vote would not pass. But if the Verizon rumor is true this time. And yes that is a big IF. And not embracing android hurts AT&T, which it will. Then I suspect that the CEO will be looking for a new job come Q2 2011.

Upvote 0
Since it was just a public statement made by their CEO about something the majority of people on their network don't care about. There really is no recourse except to take your business elsewhere.

I'm sure AT&T has already lost alot of their customers who were yearning for android, but most people are happy with dumbphones or Iphone. AT&T is not hurting any more for it business wise. Android isn't big enough yet.

And to the average layman they can just point to the 2 they have out and the 2 others announced and just claim they were making sure everything was just perfect for customer service blah blah etc. and most people won't know that the only 2 phones they actually got out by the deadline were subpar. Because your average user doesnt understand half the stuff that actually goes in these phones nor would notice.

Upvote 0
Well, they failed to make good on expectations published in a press release. That's something their shareholders and investors should/would notice. How they react is another story. ATT should at the very least put out another release with an update, like Motorola did when they missed the Cliq 2.1 update.

Reporter: Mr AT&T what do you say to your promise to have 5 android handsets released during 1h 2010?

Mr AT&T: IPHONE 4!

Reporter: But what do you say to your investors? Your business practice seems to have been designed to stifle Android on your network in favor of the Iphone...

Mr AT&T: IPHONE 4!!

Reporter: Do you think that your inability to keep this promise will drive your customers to other brands?

Mr AT&T: IPHONE 4!!!

Reporter: (sigh) What did Steve Jobs tell you when you were kneeling before him doing anything he wanted you to?

Mr AT&T: Hold it differently.......

Reactions: Lostsoul
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones