• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Carrier Has Galaxy s2?

The Galaxy S2 isn't currently sold by any US Carrier. If you want to own one in the USA you have to buy one from Europe and have AT&T activate it via/SIM card.

The US versions of the Galaxy S2 are being released this Fall (Q3) with AT&T, Verizon, and Sprint under the names Attain, Function, & Within respectively.

Thanks. So the Sprint version will be called the Within and it will come out this fall. I just have a few more questions. Are all the phones on each carrier going to be the same? And I currently one an Evo 4g. How would you compare the what the soon to be Sprint Within to be compared to that and the Evo 3d?

Upvote 0
Thanks. So the Sprint version will be called the Within and it will come out this fall. I just have a few more questions. Are all the phones on each carrier going to be the same? And I currently one an Evo 4g. How would you compare the what the soon to be Sprint Within to be compared to that and the Evo 3d?
For a comparison look here:
http://androidforums.com/android-lo...-s2-vs-htc-evo-3d-comparison.html#post2698952

We're not sure on how each phone for each carrier will compare. The newest gossip says they will be nearly the same for all Carriers. Which is the opposite of what the did for the Galaxy S1 (one). However, form factor aside I'd imagine the hardware specifications would be identical.

wait what, they announced that it's coming out in fall? link
I don't know how Official it is but:
Samsung Galaxy S2 Release Dates

Also, that website aside, after speaking with several people on the Forums quite a bit about the SGSII; the general agreement is that Q3 is about right.

With the SGSIII (3/Three) next Sprint/Summer alongside the Nexus 3. (Informed Speculation)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones