• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories What case are you picking up?

41MWeSCzeHL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

heres a photo

Reactions: Air Force One
Upvote 0
I picked up one of these for 20 bucks today at OfficeMax:

Buy.com - Belkin F8N275 Carrying Case for iPad - Black, White

I needed a sleeve that opened on the side, or in Xoom's case, the bottom so I can just open up the zipper a little bit to access the ports. It has good padding and since the Xoom is a tad wider, the fit is actually quite snug on the sides. There's about 3/4" of free space when you open the zipper since it's made for an iPad but I liked that it's away from the zipper so it doesn't scratch.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I've ordered this one:

Amazon.com: Premium Zippered Folio Case for Motorola Xoom Tablet - Perfect Carry Cover for Protecting from Scratches **Includes Accessory Bag**: Electronics

will post back with my impressions when I get it. I think it's going to be a good solution until better cases are released.
well I just received this case and it's going right back. It was obviously not made for the Xoom as it does not fit unless you lay the Xoom in there and then don't touch it. If you try holding it up to read/use the tablet, it slips out of the top two cloth hooks. The Xoom is too heavy for the lower two cloth hooks to support it so it slips out of the top two and tries to fall over forward.

Upvote 0
well upon further review it looks like I'll be keeping it. In "real-world" use it doesn't fall out. Just laying it on my lap like I normally would, it works fine. When holding it up, you hold it with your hands(obviously) and that keeps it in place anyway. Material is really nice and the best part is that because it's made of soft material you can press the wake button thru the case. This means you don't have to remove the Xoom to wake it. My main reason for keeping it tho is I need something now AND it keeps dust out.

I'd give it a 7 out of 10

Reactions: marctronixx
Upvote 0
AF1, thank you for the update...
You're welcom. I actually have to downgrade it to a 5 out of 10...it does pop out from under the top two hooks more than I like. For instance if lying down on your back on the couch and holdingit upright in from of you, it wants to pop out.

It was obvioulsly made for the wider iPad :mad: Just does not fill the space the way it should due to the Xoom being widescreen rather than 4:3 as the ipad is.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i returned the folio case today at bby and they had a product called "incase" thats for 10.1 inch netbooks. the xoom slips quietly and safely into this neoprene looking case. im good now.. :D

8022908_rb.jpg

Thanks for pointing this out. I have been looking for a simple slender sleeve. I only wanted something to keep it in while storing it somewhere but all I was finding were ones like the portfolio case that you keep on while using the Xoom. This is exactly what I need just for transport. Wanted it as thin as can be.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones