• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What case are you using?

After buying serveral cases and not liking them for some reason (poor fit, impaired access to ports), I settled on a Caseology Carbon Fiber hybrid TPU case and love it. Cheap, good protection without making the phone double in size, perfect fits and full access to all my ports. I picked up on for my wife's S3 and she loves it as well.

Amazon.com: Caseology Samsung Galaxy S4 [Carbon Fiber Hybrid] - Premium Twill Weave Fabric Shock Absorbent TPU Bumper Case with Sim Card Accessibility (Black) [Made in Korea] (for Verizon, AT&T Sprint, T-mobile, Unlocked): Cell Phones & Accessories

Upvote 0
UAG (Urban Armor Gear) black and white cases for our 2 phones. Pops on and off in 2 seconds, so great for swapping out the battery.

uag_s4_group_1_1024x1024.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I previously had a fake red Spigen Slim Armour given to me, having never seen a real one I took this at face value. I decided I fancied a change and ordered the gold slim armour from the Spigen site.

The difference is remarkable, the case is so much smoother and sleek! I recommend anyone buying the replica's from eBay / Amazon invest in the real deal! :)

Upvote 0
I'm using a clear TPU case made by and sold from Amazon for $2.99. It shows off the pretty Tony Yan battery cover I got for $4.99 (looks like he raised his prices a tad. Still, incredible workmanship and outstanding delivery for overseas). Best things I ever bought for any of my phones.

Amazon.com: TONYYAN I9500 Flower Embossed Battery Back Cover Housing For Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500 I9505 LTE with gift: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: AmazonBasics Protective TPU case for Samsung Galaxy S4 -Frosted Clear: Cell Phones & Accessories

Upvote 0
Thanks for that BIGRED.. I was just checking them out this morning and wondering how good their products are. Is it really as waterproof as they claim? How do the controls on the side of the phone feel through their case? Is there a cover over the headphone jack and how strudy is it to keep opening and closing? Thanks in advance.

MYK,

The product itself is excellent quality, I was very impressed. The case comes with a fake S4 to use to assure the waterproofing is correct. Its a plastic gizmo that is the same size and shape of the S4. I did a sink dunk, dried everything off and then opened the case and there was no water in the case. I haven't actually tried the phone yet, not because I'm afraid to, but just haven't seen the need yet. The controls on the side are offset, rubber covers for the actual ones. They are a little stiff, but nothing to put anyone off. The headphone jack has a soft rubber plug that pops out and is attached to a tether. It seems very sturdy. The case comes with a headphone jack extension cable that can be used to actually seal the case when headphones are attached. This would be handy if listening to whatever and wading, tubing, etc. Overall, I have been very impressed. The one thing that I like particularly well is it fits well in your pocket (it has to since there is no belt clip). I have an otterbox defender (very good case also), but it is so big and rubbery that carrying it in your pocket isn't practical. The LifeProof is smoother and smaller so it slips in and out of the pocket really easily. Overall, I'll have one for my next phone too.

One other thing, the screen is the actual phone screen. You actually touch the gorilla glass. It comes with a screen protector that the instructions say you can use if you want, but it isn't required for the warranty.

Hope this helps,

Reactions: MYKEL61
Upvote 0
I got my Love Mei today

Will post a review with pics in a couple days. First impressions are favorable, with a couple small reservations

1) Some of the weatherproofing causes issues with the mic and speakers. Removed the film covering those, so I can hear things better (and be heard)

2) Had a small issue with my S4's menu soft key. Turned out you want to remove any screen cover you may have on your phone (which seems like a no brainer, but that's a good description of me after work: no brain).

Size is comparable with the Otterbox Defender. As in "The Love Mei almost fits in the Otterbox's holster"

Weight (for some) may be an issue: the case weighs as much as (or maybe more than) the phone itself. Will check that on a digital scale for the full review

All in all, this is a VERY solid feeling case. Will write up full review later this coming week (want to actually use it for a bit first)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones