• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What case (if any) is everyone using on their Razr?

[IGNORE THIS. I posted a follow-up.]

The Rocketfish case (from Best Buy) is fantastic. I was meaning to post a review about it. It is a thin shell that snaps from the front/back. It has a black glossy finish on the bezel that blends nicely with the shiny screen. The back has a soft-touch feel, but with a pretty sleek "carbon" woven texture that does a good job of maintaining the phone's original design concept. The cutouts on the side actually help your finger find the power button and volume rocker (which I fumbled with before I had the case). The top cutouts provide full access to the 1/8 audio jack, so that there is no interference plugging in your audio cable (I also use a Rocketfish cable). The top is a little tricky when snapping together, which if its not seated properly will pop open at the corner. I solved that by carefully starting from the top edge when snapping the front/back together and working it around toward the bottom.

Upvote 0
Best TPU Case for RAZR is the Nillkin. You can find on eBay (like
THIS). (Make sure to search for "Nillkin TPU Razr" because Nillkin makes hard cases as well.)

Case comes in solid matte black and transparent blue, clear, or gray. Grips on side. Precision cutouts for everything. High-quality without the seams or "nubs" present on other TPU cases. Adds almost nothing to profile or weight of phone, but protects phone.

Takes about 2 weeks to receive, but worth it! I got the transparent gray, which allows the good-looking Kevlar back to show through. :D

Attachments

• Nillkin1.jpg
    Nillkin1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 142
  • Nillkin2.jpg
    Nillkin2.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 121
  • Nillkin3.jpg
    Nillkin3.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 130
  • Nillkin4.jpg
    Nillkin4.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 133
Upvote 0
If you're looking for case options that definitely work with both docks, I can confirm that the Incipio NGP cases work perfectly. After removing the inner insert of the car dock it fits like it was made for no other purpose. Also works great with the HDMI docking station.

As a tangent, I would not recommend the Incipio Sylicrylic model for the RAZR; it has a huge opening at the top of the phone and the Otterbox Defender is far superior.

Upvote 0
Seidio just informed me that their case/holster will be shipping VERY soon!

I'll be posting a review once mine comes in. :D

Looking forward to reading your review. Please ping me when it's posted. :)

Looks like a great case, but $50 for the Surface case and the clip is out of my budget right now.

Best TPU Case for RAZR is the Nillkin.

Nice. It looks like it would afford some protection. Right now, I am just pocketing the phone. I guess that's a suitable solution, I'm just not used to pocketing. I've always had a belt case for all my previous phones (non-smartphones). Pocketing is okay, but can be a little uncomfortable, depending on what I am wearing (jeans vs. dress pants) and the style of the pants.

What about the rest of you "phone pocketers"? Any comments?

Thank you in advance. :)
-Neal

Upvote 0
THIS). (Make sure to search for "Nillkin TPU Razr" because Nillkin makes hard cases as well.)

Case comes in solid matte black and transparent blue, clear, or gray. Grips on side. Precision cutouts for everything. High-quality without the seams or "nubs" present on other TPU cases. Adds almost nothing to profile or weight of phone, but protects phone.

Takes about 2 weeks to receive, but worth it! I got the transparent gray, which allows the good-looking Kevlar back to show through. :D

I just ordered one thanks! I had a otterbox defender before and returned it right away because the screen looked awfully in it. This one looks sleek and nice :)

Upvote 0
The Rocketfish case (from Best Buy) is fantastic. I was meaning to post a review about it. It is a thin shell that snaps from the front/back. It has a black glossy finish on the bezel that blends nicely with the shiny screen. The back has a soft-touch feel, but with a pretty sleek "carbon" woven texture that does a good job of maintaining the phone's original design concept. The cutouts on the side actually help your finger find the power button and volume rocker (which I fumbled with before I had the case). The top cutouts provide full access to the 1/8 audio jack, so that there is no interference plugging in your audio cable (I also use a Rocketfish cable). The top is a little tricky when snapping together, which if its not seated properly will pop open at the corner. I solved that by carefully starting from the top edge when snapping the front/back together and working it around toward the bottom.

I take it back. Literally -- I'm returning my 2nd and final Rocketfish case. That upper R/H corner will NOT stay fastened. Apparently it's a known issue. I apologize to anyone who may have purchased this case on my recommendation.

Upvote 0

I kinda like the looks of the Nillkin hard skin case. Any experience with that one?

Upvote 0
I have the razr and have a Zagg full invisible shield on it. I purchased the Otterbox Defender case and everything snapped together fine with one exception. The protector on the Otterbox seems to want to suck down onto the phone screen making it look like a smear under the Otterbox protector screen. If you lift the protector screen with a toothpick on the edge, the smear look disappears. Later it sucks back down and the smear is back. Haven't figured how to keep it from doing it. Anybody else have this problem.

Edit: Solved the smear problem by removing the Otterbox Protector screen. Since I have the Zagg Invisible Shield on it, the Otterbox protector was overkill. Case works great for protecting me against my klutzy hands. LOL

Upvote 0
I picked up the Shell/Holster from Verizon, thought it would come in handy if I needed total protection of the screen if I'm out on a bike ride or hiking, etc... It was a little pricey @ $30, but I get 25% discount still pricey.

Very nice construction, doesn't add much bulk with just the cover, I like how the area for the power and volume are left blank and the top and bottom are exposed. It is a very secure fit, the kickstand feature is sweet for watching videos or desk clock. It had sort of a slippery feel to it when I first opened it, kind of like a silicone residue. I wiped it down and rubbed it aggressively against a towel to remove the residue...has a secure grip in hand.

It also fits in the car dock, so I don't have to take the case off when I jump in my truck! When you remove the plastic insert of the dock to use a case you will notice the phone is a little loose in the dock. I put a small piece of adhesive felt at the base of the dock to take up the space....It's black in color so doesn't look too ghetto and does the trick I'm only showing pictures of the case, not the shell w/belt clip.....left that out in my truck

This is the one I decided on. Offers great protection, Looks classy, and slips out of cover easily while still offering some protection. :cool:

Upvote 0
Nice. It looks like it would afford some protection. Right now, I am just pocketing the phone. I guess that's a suitable solution, I'm just not used to pocketing. I've always had a belt case for all my previous phones (non-smartphones). Pocketing is okay, but can be a little uncomfortable, depending on what I am wearing (jeans vs. dress pants) and the style of the pants.
-Neal
I am not a fan of "pocketing." Just check the posts for comments of screen scratches from keys, coins, etc.

Instead, I bought a leather belt case and my Nillkin-TPU-skinned RAZR fits nicely in it.

Having said that, I have been known to put this phone in a shirt breast pocket, because it is so light. Just don't bend over!

Upvote 0
I highly reccomend the high gloss Cruzer lite TPU cases.
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=me%3DA1OK9R8S7S5URY&field-keywords=droid+razr&x=13&y=18

I ordered one, when I recived it I put it on the phone and it fits excellent. Not to tight where you can't get it off, but tight enough where it will not come off without trying to take it off.
The cutouts for the HDMI,USB port,headset jack,power button,camera,speaker and mic are perfect. The volume rockers are covered, but are easily adjustable. The material is great and I personally like the design.
After I recived the first one I went back and ordered 3 more(a red,blue,and green one) to go along with the clear one I recived first. Also they are under $10 and if you buy 2 you get one free. At least check them out before paying more for the same thing. I reccomend these highly!

Reactions: damule6666
Upvote 0
I kinda like the looks of the Nillkin hard skin case. Any experience with that one?
I looked at Nillkin hard case, but went with the Nillkin TPU case because:

• I liked the feel, grip, and (lack of) weight of TPU.
  • I liked a little transparency with the "clear" TPU cases ... to show the RAZR's Kevlar back.
  • I have had problems with scratching the phone's bezel with hard cases on other phones.

However, I recognize that this is clearly a personal choice!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones