• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What case (or other accessories) do you have?

Take your Prime and let them Ohh and Ahh over it.

Let us know if the TF101 stuff works, I want a nice sleeve for mine.

I went, they had nothing. Zero. Zilch. The guy said either they are sold out, or hadnt come in yet.

So i asked about a screen protector, same thing.

Sucks, i really want to get from BB since i have BB giftcards to use up

BTW i tried other cases, the only one that worked size-wise, was the Sammy 10.1 ... but the camera doesnt line up in the holes so i didnt get it

Upvote 0
think il just be getting a notebook case for mine once it arrives, seeing as I will be taking the keyboard accessory with me most of the time I take it out.

was seriously interested int he origami cover for the rare times I dont bring the keyboard with me but all the reviews I have seen of that have seriously put me off.

Thinking one of the leather folding stand cases for this now but unsure as to which to get, will wait on some more reviews of them i think.

Upvote 0
I ordered these screen protectors. About half the price.

Amazon.com: HHI Asus Transformer Prime TF201 Anti-Fingerprint, Anti-Glare, Matte Finished Screen Protector (Package include a HandHelditems Sketch Stylus Pen): Electronics

I see yours are crystal clear, mine are matte finish. I'll have to see how I like them.

We ordered the same thing, but mine is a pack of 3 (im usually terrible at applying these, so i may need more than 1 lol)

also yes I got the clear. On my phone i tried both matted and glossy, the matted really dulled the colors and i was much happier with the glossy

Upvote 0
Got my case today. Have to be honest wasn't expecting much, but was greatly surprised. Cut outs for both front and back camera, nice feel and a snug fit. I will definitely be keeping this one. Hoping for a tpu case in the future for around the house use.

How hard is it to remove and return in the case?

Does it stay in the folded positions pretty good?

Does it have magnets that snap onto the face of the Prime when its 'closed'?

Upvote 0
Its pretty easy to remove. It has a flap that tucks behind it with velcro.

Stays in folded position using a magnet. I've used it a few times and it held fine.

Yes, it uses the same magnets that hold it in the folded position to hold it closed. The magnets are located at the two ends at the top (or bottom depending how you want to look at it) of the face of the prime.

Hope this helps. Forgot to mention that you also have access to the connecting port, so you can charge or sync it while still in the case.

Upvote 0
I went, they had nothing. Zero. Zilch. The guy said either they are sold out, or hadnt come in yet.

So i asked about a screen protector, same thing.

Sucks, i really want to get from BB since i have BB giftcards to use up

BTW i tried other cases, the only one that worked size-wise, was the Sammy 10.1 ... but the camera doesnt line up in the holes so i didnt get it

But the rest fit? Would it be a snug match?

Upvote 0
Its pretty easy to remove. It has a flap that tucks behind it with velcro.

Stays in folded position using a magnet. I've used it a few times and it held fine.

Yes, it uses the same magnets that hold it in the folded position to hold it closed. The magnets are located at the two ends at the top (or bottom depending how you want to look at it) of the face of the prime.

Hope this helps. Forgot to mention that you also have access to the connecting port, so you can charge or sync it while still in the case.

I like the look of this case. Does it add much bulk to the prime?

Upvote 0

FWIW, I've heard of some issues using cases with magnets since they tend to mess up the internal compass (but this is one of those if-you-need-it features like GPS).

So how does the case work for propping it up at multiple angles, and how does it do the switch from landscape to portrait position? I'd use landscape for browsing the web, but portrait if using a bookreader.

Upvote 0
Looking over the current selection again, I think I'd favor the Multi-Angle RooCase since I like the idea of propping it up in landscape (browsing, movies) or portrait (reading books). The inner sleeve is also detachable so I could use it handheld most of the time without having the cover get in the way.

I hope someone gets one and reports back, unless I get mine first.

Upvote 0
This thing is super thin so anything would add bulk. What I can say is that even with the case on it, it's thinner than my Hp touchpad.

This is not the case that you can position in the portrait mode. It stands and tilts. Have been using the tilt a lot when web surfing and it works great. Checked the compass and it works fine even with the magnets.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones