1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support What causes widgits to freeze

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BlackberrySux, Dec 31, 2014.

1. BlackberrySux

BlackberrySux Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Niagara Falls, Ontario
    Every couple weeks or so the wigits will freeze on my S5.

The current wigits causing problems are:
    Facebook - Updates posts but will not open the real up
    Twitter - Updates posts but will not open to actual app
    Weather.com - Updates weather but will not open actual app
    Super manager memory cleaner - Non Functional
    App Cache Cleaner - Non funtional

There may be more but this is all I got to test before getting pissed off and threw my phone across the room.

Does anyone know what causes the wigits to freeze like this? Happens almost weekly.

Removing the wigit and reinstalling it fixes it and rebooting the phone fixes it. But Im tired of playing musical chairs or cat & mouse always chasing these wigits down.

The SOLUTION has been found --> Remove- replace or reboot.......But does anyone know the *****CAUSE***** and how to STOP it?

Advertisement

2. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    Retired and loving it.
    Oklahoma grasslands
    Most likely you have two problems.
    Too many widgets in play, and the cache is getting full and not being purged properly.

My S5 works perfectly "most of the time". But on occasion, it burps/hangs up. When it does, I just do a Restart and all is well.

Our phones are just computers packaged in a very small box. They suffer the same ills that our desktops/laptops do when we try to get too much stuff running at the same time.

I just spent all of yesterday fixing my Desktop Win7Pro computer. It has a 2 Tbyte drive, 8 gByte RAM, 2 gByte video card and should be fast/fast/fast.... well, of late, it hasn't been and was taking as long as 25 seconds just to boot up Internet Explorer/Chromse/Firefox. pick one, all were slow. My Quicken checkbook program was hanging up..... made me sick of it all......... so, I just started methodically removing every piece of junk program/app that had been installed on it over the last couple of years. Time slips by so smooth we hardly notice what is going on.

Adding just one more piece of crapware which will only "slow it down a tiny bit" does not seem to matter.... that is, until you have more crapware than Needed Applications...........

I ran AdAware, MalWareBytes, CCleaner..... then I just started Unstalling anything that I could not remember what the name was for, or it had not been used in 2 or 3 years..... took a while, but now, my Desktop PC is back in order, runs like it used to when new.... long before I added in all the junk.....

Long way around the Pike just to tell you to strip out all of the junk/crap/ware/apps. Reboot the thing from scratch and then Restart it again. Betcha that fixes it....

It is not a crappy piece of hardware, it is all the crappy apps we load onto them that bolixes up the works.

Go into Applications/Developers Options
    do down to where it asks if you want to close out each application when you are not using it. Check that..... betcha that S5 starts running in Real Time just like it is supposed to.
    MacroDroid senses Scrn off, turns Wifi & Data OFF,
    MD senses Scrn on, turns WiFi & Data ON

ironass likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.