1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

What changes do YOU see with Froyo 2.2?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sh4o8kid, Jul 30, 2010.

1. elteedub

elteedub Newbie

Scrolling is slow and my email deletes on my phone when i read my email at work!!!!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. ArtGuy

ArtGuy Well-Known Member

Now there's a useful new feature...

3. ArtGuy

ArtGuy Well-Known Member

I agree. I think the contact feature is one of the most frustrating aspects of the phone. I really wish that when the keyboard came up that there was a button to access favorites from the keyboard. And also voice search.

4. Sim-X

Sim-X Member

hmmmm, I noticed all my installed aps are no longer showing up under download in the market. Is that normal? The only ones that show are google maps which says installed and Speedx 3D which I purchased. The rest don't even show up and I have plenty of them.

5. wase4711

wase4711 Android Expert

that question has been answered at least 50 times here in the last 24 hours...

eyeballer likes this.
  6. mpike78

mpike78 Newbie

5. phone will rotate in any direction you turn it 360

this is good for N1 users on tmobile that have to hold it upside down to get a signal

7. tomemail

tomemail Member

360 deg rotate???

Is there a setting to get it to do this...does it rotate for all screens. I haven't noticed a difference?

thanks

8. Sim-X

Sim-X Member

I'm gonna be honest with you, I didn't look very hard for an answer I just did the update a few min before I posted and came across this thread. I see an answer now after searching. My bad

eyeballer likes this.
  9. wase4711

wase4711 Android Expert

NP, man...these threads are incredibly clogged up with the same questions/answers, so it makes it tough for people who actually have unique questions/answers to actually get them seen and responded to..
    I think there is a thread somewhere dedicated to "problems", but I am not sure..
    trying to read through all these posts and help out where I can, but its tough!

Just a FYI; if you see any other "goofy" stuff, reboot or battery pull, and that seems to fix about 95% of all issues.

Enjoy!

10. jsweets13

jsweets13 Newbie

is anyone else having a problem with your emails? i have auto-sycn on and its not pushing them through.. i have to refresh each account to get my emails.. let me know,thanks

11. wase4711

wase4711 Android Expert

nope, working just fine..haven't read any complaints about that so far..

12. firemanjay

firemanjay Member

I noticed the boot up screen is different, after HTC EVO screen, just says 4G no animated boot up or music

shut down phone, pulled battery, and all is well now.

13. uninstall one of your apps then reinstall it and they should all show up

14. uninstall one of your apps and then reinstall it.. they should show up

15. sh4o8kid

sh4o8kid Well-Known Member

Hell yeah! Time to start cussing at my gf! :p at certain times

16. NeoteriX

NeoteriX Android Expert

Didn't see this mentioned in the first thread, but... HTC Multitouch keyboard!!! Hell yeah!

17. wase4711

wase4711 Android Expert

I think that fixes itself after you reboot again..I get the animation and music all the time now

18. imageher

imageher Newbie

19. elteedub

elteedub Newbie

Does anyone know how to keep the emails on the phone after they have been checked on your computer? They use to always be on the phone after i checked my email at work..now after i check them at work they are removed from the phone

20. akurk

akurk Lurker

Anyone else using Rhapsody App? Mine quit working after the upgrade to 2.2.

I tried un-installing and re-installing with no luck.

The app comes up fine..logs in and allows access to song lists etc. But when you play a song there is no audio.

Tweaked all my volume settings to the max and no change.

21. edlex

edlex Android Expert

I noticed this too. Even after I rebooted a couple of time I see every app as active on system panel. I'm hoping this will sort itself out over time. Battery seems to be draining faster because of this.

22. i.have.droid

i.have.droid Android Enthusiast

Just hit the search button on the bottom of your phone. Say "Call John Smith" or "Message John Smith".

23. IXIShogunR1

IXIShogunR1 Well-Known Member

if i remember correctly this has something to do with the new protocals for app managment in 2.2

24. JahzerJ

JahzerJ Newbie

I don't see this anywhere. Since dx keyboard is gone, an htc alternative would be awesome. Please show how to enable this.

25. Rockey

Rockey Newbie

I am looking under Applications and mine does not offer me the option of moving any of the applications to my SD card, any suggestions?

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews