1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root What changes in hboot versions?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Xtremedays, May 31, 2011.

1. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    Male
    Auto Technician(for now)
    What things are changed/updated in hboot version? I know that they attempt to block root exploits in the hboot changes but not sure what else. My curiousity is due to a difference in booting time between my wife's phone and mine. Both are rooted and running Kings GB R2. Her's seems to boot in about half the time mine does, even going past the splash screen before mine. The only difference between them that I see is that her's is hboot 2.10 and mine is .97. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Mechanical Engineer for GE Nuclear
    NC
    Im not sure the intent of upgrading our hboot is to get rid of our exploits I mean everyone seems ok with it on the HTC/ Sprint side. The hboot is tied to the radio nv and thereby our security but I think it's more likely they do it for some other reason like compatibility...

As far as what changes... the radio security and at commands etc., Im not sure why they would affect boot times...

3. Xtremedays

Xtremedays Android Expert
    None

Apr 5, 2010
    Male
    Auto Technician(for now)
    I am not that familiar with the OS for our phones but I wasn't sure if it might also include optimizations for boot and basic functions of the phone. Possibly somethings that might have an affect on boot times for newer versions. Something like updates to Windows in a pc.

4. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Mechanical Engineer for GE Nuclear
    NC

It's more liken to your bios

5. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    well..hboot locks were something new for htc...though they have been doing that since november they claimed last week that they would no longer be doing so

big thanks to the community for that. there was a huge wave of fan input that determined that outcome

6. beastinbolts

beastinbolts Android Expert
    None

Apr 16, 2011
    Ya I also read A link provided by another user that stated that HTC was not going to keep locking the Hboot.. I am waiting to see this cause I don't think the mobile carrier will be to happy with this as now they will incur more jacked up phones (unless there phandroid member) and you would think that insurance rates would sky rocket. This is huge

7. Mr. Ed

Mr. Ed Android Expert
    None

Jun 27, 2010
    Phones
    Over Yonder
    speaking of...I got a letter from sprint last week saying that insurance was going up $1

Tags: